Do you bluff enough: too little, too much, just right?

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't bluff, don't like to lose chips for nothing. I guess that is why I don't win very many tournaments.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like to bluff, but not very good at it, very often my bluff is revealed, but I train a lot, and I think that soon I will master this skill

C

ceco99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to bluff, but sometimes I do too much.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick spots to bluff depending on my position and the other players style. It always sucks bluffing an experience player that wakes up with a hand

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Timing sums up your question's answer.

Is the timing such that your opponent will believe you? Sudden increased bets are often hard to imagine your opponent is bluffing.

Is the timing going to convince your opponent you might be bluffing next time when you actually do have the nuts?

Do you have enough of a stack right now to risk getting called?

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that I bluff too little, maybe that's why I'm obvious to other players so when I have a good hand nobody calls me :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good bluff on later streets. When the straight or flush closed. I'll use a bluff if the chips are stacked. But I get a re-raise and it kills me. Not always people are willing to fold.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I bluff a little too much... I need to be more patient...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing aggressive and I bluff as much of the hand as possible and that I have the opportunity.meme if I calm down for a while and especially on the CC frerrolls because it is more difficult to bluff players against which you play every day.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
'It depends'
In some cases I'm sure I don't bluff enough to the point where I'm coming off as some super LAG and am able to draw players in when I do have a monster... but depending upon who is in the hand vs. you, I'm sure I bluff often enough..... & don't bluff the right amount too. Experience has been my teacher.

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i seem to win when i bluff but when im all in with the nuts you can garantee 100% ill lose to a donk every dam time lol

robert

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a simple little thread. The title is self explanatory.

But I will offer that having a sound principled game prior to engaging a comprehensive bluff will serve a poker player in the long. I postulate that bluffing just for bluffing's sake does not serve the +ev poker player.

I also postulate that that what you see on youtube, one hand in isolation, doesn't fully describe the setup for any potential bluff. It's pretty easy to push back on a LAG (loose aggressive for those that don't have a grasp on the vernacular as of yet) of to push against a NIT. But to make a move against an experienced player, that is a different story.

What say you all?

I think I bluff too little, otherwise I would be winning more.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
HAHAHAHAHA... Good joke!
I do not have the habit of bluffing, only in desperate situations, in the last case or when I am very stacked and superior to the opponent

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Neither too little or too much but when it is needed, profitable bluffs depends on a lot of factors, SPR, Fold equity, perceived range, range balancing...

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve found that I don’t bluff enough. It’s not because I just don’t want to I’m just not skilled enough to fully understand my situation. When I go over my hands I find many flaws where I’m just not aggressive enough when I have range advantages or have excellent card removal. I’m honestly still working on betting strategies before I push myself harder to my good bluffs.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i realized that a good bluff is useful when you playing vs experienced players, vs allin-ers bluff is useless, they will call you with any hand :)

i have lost a lot of chips by bluffing, so i can conclude that i am bluffing more than necessary

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

I agree 100% with your opinion