Do you believe other players when they bet?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This question can cover cash tables or MTTs. Say you have a small pair like 66. and you get in pre-flop cheap. The flop is anything but a 6. And lets say that the UTG player makes a bet that runs everyone out but you. So this is the questions. Do you believe the other player has hit his/her cards, and fold, or do you not believe it and call? Do you ever re-raise just to find out if they do have a good hand? I know these questions depend on many different things, so add it all together and give us your opinion. GL today.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the flop and the other player's behavior. If the flop is high then fold. If the flop is low, call. If the other player tends to splash around, you can too. If the other player does not, you can then fold.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe em half the time because I bluff alot too. But I play with em a lil,i might show a bluff or 2 to make em think I'm bluffing when I'm not and bust there heads. It's a gamble wehter you call or don't really because regardless some1 has to win. Good luck and maybe change yr game up and see how it works out.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
This question can cover cash tables or MTTs. Say you have a small pair like 66. and you get in pre-flop cheap. The flop is anything but a 6. And lets say that the UTG player makes a bet that runs everyone out but you. So this is the questions. Do you believe the other player has hit his/her cards, and fold, or do you not believe it and call? Do you ever re-raise just to find out if they do have a good hand? I know these questions depend on many different things, so add it all together and give us your opinion. GL today.

Well first of all if its a player i don't know and the board has 2 or more over-cards i will fold.
BBUUUUTTTT if it is a player i've been battling with a lot and i have my notes on them then it is a fold/call or maybe even a re-raise:rolleyes:. This depends on which type of player i have in my notes and how they react when it is checked to them. :D

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe only in my own skills and experience. During the game I try to critically assess the situation and my own chances. The actions of my opponents are a secondary indicator for me.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a calling station if I have a good hand. I need to learn to fold good hands some times.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it depends on what comes on the table if there are higher cards and someone raises then I fold if there are only small cards then it depends on who I am playing against and how I judge him

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not always. Yesterday I did not believe that the guy had a better card than my 777 and it turned out that he had a full house. But at other times calling paid off.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

Playing cards it is stupid to believe or not believe you need to reasonably assess the situation what your actions can lead to

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. The other player is the one that makes me believe or not believe. I'm sorry you all, but I'm really dragging this morning, so I'm just going to leave it like that. GL today

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I believe most players bc I hardly bluff.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker here, almost everyone is bluffing :)

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Even analyzing the hands frequently, it is very difficult. I believe everyone bluffs a lot. I myself often try to change the way of bluffing, just to avoid analyzing other players. I bluff a lot myself.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Very often I think the villain is bleffing, and lose a lot because of that. I need to stop playing like this, its not working.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. Yesterday was a bad one for me not believing other players. But the fact is, that I was playing like crap because I sure was not feeling good. It was like I was playing very uninterested. I don't know what it is, but it's like I can't stop myself, and just put money out there holding a losing hand. Anyway, GL to you all today.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I did not hit my 6's, I would probably fold unless villain made it cheap to stay in the hand. I play with the thinking that post flop, any player can have minimum 3 of a kind, and how would my 6's go up against that assumption.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
I am always cautious about betting from an early position!If the board is low or wood-burning, then I will raise .Otherwise, fold.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some people I believe more than others :D

Table dynamics and play-styles are constantly adapting, so it makes sense to adapt with it. Generally, I like to give players credit but there are other times I hero call correctly with little as well. I guess you could say that generally I give bets credit, but am willing to go with my read/intuition if I think they are making a move on me :cool:

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are to many times that I re- raise and here lately I been getting caught. I guess I think if it worked before, it would work most of the time. Believe me, it won't, and it's better not to do it at all, unless I have a good hand. Thanks for the replies, and GL today

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Very small chance that the player will bluff
from UTG position if there are several players left in the game !!!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally believe that a player is betting for a reason until they prove otherwise, or, if the bet does not make sense when compared against the previous actions in the hand.

D

duck_uggs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never looked at it as 'do I believe my opponent' if they bet. I look at it as 'what is my opponent betting with' and 'what do they want me to do in this situation'.

If I have 66 and the flop is J-8-2 rainbow and my opponent bets, I might think:

-are they betting with a J? possible-
if I raise, do they fold a J? no
-are they betting with an 8? possible
-if I raise, do they fold an 8? maybe
-are they betting with a 2? unlikely
-If I raise, do they fold a 2? possible but they don't have a 2 here.
-are they betting with a draw combo like 910, 710, or 97? possible
-if I raise, do the fold any draw combos? Possible. (This is more opponent dependent than anything.)

In this case, raising wouldn't do us any good as we don't want to get 3bet. We could be way behind in this spot or maybe slightly ahead. Folding is fine if you villain has it and you're drawing slim, but floating is also an option. What if the turn is a brick and villain checks. Then we can bet out and maybe villain folds their 8x hands and their draws. They likely call their Jx hands. Then what if the river is a K, A, or another brick, and villain checks to us again? We could check back here and go to showdown, but we only win vs busted draws. Or we could bet out here as 66 is only ahead of missed draws, but we can apply more pressure on the 8x hands and even Jx hands. And if they lead out on the river, we can just fold as we only beat out a complete bluff.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies. I sure read them all. GL to you all if you play some today

Hi 0546474. That's a good point. For me, if a player bets the min from UTG I think they don't have a good hand and wants to see the turn cheap, they have a good hand and hoping for a raise, or they don't know what they are doing. And as anyone knows, those players may go all the way to the river with nothing.

Hi CallmeFloopy. That's good to think about. I think if I do get back to playing, maybe I should believe them more. One thing we all know is the fact that it don't take long to find the weak players at the table. Playing MTTs is harder to spot them because from being moved a lot. That's my 2 cents. Oh and we all know you are a good player. LOL

Hi duck_uggs. Great reply. I posted about doing self talk at the table. And I would bet 100 to 1 that you do a lot of it. I do. And those are a lot to think about.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it will be possible, as in your case, to enter the pot cheaply, then it will not be difficult to check.If the player bluffed the first bet, then in most cases he will be careful with the second bet, so you can safely check,and then 6 will be given out suddenly).

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I hit something on the board I will call. If none hit, I will fold.