Do you adjust the ranges you play according to the stakes?

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you adjust the ranges you play according to the stakes? For example if you decide to play a micro stakes MTT where you know players are looser, do you play looser or tighter or the same?

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you adjust the ranges you play according to the stakes? For example if you decide to play a micro stakes MTT where you know players are looser, do you play looser or tighter or the same?
I try to adjust my ranges not based on the stakes, but based on the player.

I was once playing a Sunday Venom on ACR where the 2 players to my left were really REALY tight. I was able to RFI with any 2 cards because I had no fear of these players. Simple game that day - if they raise, I fold. Most of the time they folded..., so it was like I got to play the button 3 hands in a row EVERY orbit! Now THAT is an edge! :D

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Adjust ranges as well as aggression and everything else in your entire game according to many different factors. Adjust adjust adjust .....

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I seem to bluff more and play with a wider range of hands when I go up in stakes. It usually does not turn out well.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, it is an advantage to play a little tighter with very loose players in micro stakes - many players overplay suited cards, connectors, pay every bet with Ax and they often hit the turn and/or river happily. The hand range should match your own style of play.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, I do adjust, but this is more to do with player pool tendencies rather than the actual buy-in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its more important to adjust to specific opponents and specific situations rather than percieved player pool tendencies. A micro stakes MTT table might be full of loose recreational players, but it might also be full of nitty and robotic regulars. Among other things this might depend on, which time of day you play, and on which poker site.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no point in ranges if you do not adjust them to the field on which you play.

victorem

victorem

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

It is logical that you need to select ranges.
The looser the table, the tighter you need to play.
In any case, this rule works for me all the time.
At a loose table, you should not hack to death with mediocre hands, you need to select ranges and enter the game with at least the same range as your opponents, but it is better to do this with a stronger range, then there will be an advantage.:angel: