the depth of downswings

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We're getting sidetracked on a rigged subthread. I'm going to drop it.

On another forum, someone discussed the psychology of cashouts and suggested that there might be a genuine phenomenon of post-cashout downswing, but that if it exists, it's based on psychology and depends on how cashing out affects a player's thinking. I've been examining my play and my stats over the course of the downswing and can see that I started playing differently after the cashout. (Of course, part of the change is that I took people's advice and started to raise 4x preflop instead of 8x the way I used to, but I'm not convinced that's a big part of why I started to lose.)

I'll pull out a few key hands during the downswing and post them in the hand analysis forum for comment.

The highlighted part makes much more sense than the assumption that the sites are being responsible imo.

Do post in the HA section - but be aware that you might be jumping into a fryer (still ++EV to post there though).

Don't want to kill the fun but if you read my whole post you might find something interesting somewhere ;).

Last edited:
okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
wow how about the depth of playable eight and under hands in razz.

Just had a run of 34, 2 were playable, got so excited with the second, lost a few bucks.

Gave up after 34 hands

The saying is 1 in six hands a is 3 cards 8 and under will average out, but that was 1/17.

Have a plan to be playing $5/10 in six months but have reached a block at 50/$1, will have to hang in there, though a run of baddies at higher limits could be a bit of a bummer.

Sticking to first principles and hope to turn ir around soon.

If your game is sound then the bad run will end eventually noname.