Crazy Story - Should I keep playing $7 DoNS and $11 MTTs?

D

Donkey_Kong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My very brief poker story this year with real money is as follows: (Skip this if you are not interested)

I had always been scared of the cash game tables in Vegas, until my cousin, who is the donkest of all donks, trust me here, said that those games are very "easy". And so I got over my fear and sat down at the 1/2 NL table with a $150 buy in.

In three days I had a total of 750 dollars.
I eventually headed back to Vegas and in another 3 days, I made 800 dollars. Totaling 1550 dollars, making it a 1400 profit in two trips.

Now, my cousin was wrong. Those games were damn hard to beat. But I felt like I really had an edge at the table and was practicing very good table selection. Well, I decided to go there another time and do it all again.

This time I went by myself with the sole purpose of making money at the cash games.
1st day - buy-in for 200 and I double-up to 450. Then I lose everything in 2 bad beats.
2nd day - buy-in for 300 and I go up to 450. Then lose everything again. Nut flush vs straight flush. Wonderful.
3rd day - I play on tilt and play the worst poker any human being could ever play. Lose another 300.
4th day - buy in for 200 and double-up to 550. I then started chasing after money lost and lost everything again. Played very poor poker one more time.

On the way home I get a speeding ticket for 250 dollars.

------------------------------SKIP TO HERE:

I decided to play online. Still on tilt here and deposited 100 bucks. I was playing $11 MTTs and in two days I was already down to 40 dollars. When I said **** this shit and **** poker and entered a $33 buy-in MTT. Well, I won it for a total of $2100.

I kept playing $11 tournaments from there and placed 9th, 5th, 3rd for $100, $330, and $130 respectively. Playing online for a period of two or three weeks. I also noticed that I could really beat those $7 DoN tournaments even though they are such damn slow BR builders. I was getting consistent 4 wins vs 2 losses at those. Sometimes even better than that.

Strangely the $3.50 DoN and the $15 DoN I was unable to beat at that same rate.

What I felt that I could beat were the $11 MTTs and the $7DoN. However, the swings in the MTTs are crazy and scary.

I eventually ran bad, bad beats and a couple tiltsies and went back to $2100. But mainly I was trying to find where I belong in terms of stakes. About a 300$ downswing.

For some reason the online downswing hurt me more than the downswing I had in Vegas. I feel like my live poker is so darn better than my online poker skills and I am actually more scared of playing online than on the 1/2NL live tables. On the other hand, I want to build a proper BR to play 1/2NL live without becoming a tilt wreck after a couple of bad beats. This would require about a 7k to 10k BR.

I just cashed everything out. I am using these 2.1k to buy me a new computer( much needed ) and a bed. Yes, don't judge. I sleep on the floor and play poker on an ipad.
I am a college student, Statistics major. However, I do have a gig which provides me with some incoming cash every once in a while. That is the money I would use to start a new bankroll:

What is the best approach here?

Deposit $100 and try to beat the $1 SNGs? It's understandable that I beat higher stakes MTTs but I do not have a large enough sample size.

Deposit $350 and try to beat the $3.50 SNGs with some $2 or $3 MTT attempts on the side?

Deposit $700 and continue playing $7 DONs?

Or finally
Deposit $1000 and play $7 DONs but with a major emphasis on the $11 MTTs?

Thank you in advance!