Couple Questions on ChuckTs 10,000 post

S

sweepnet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On opening ranges, specifically late postion where he says "most broadway", what exactly does this mean,

Is Broadway A through T or what? and if he is opening with them does that mean 2 broadway cards, or just any in his whole cards, like K2.

Then later he says Bread and Butter is hitting trips against a nit and taking his stack. Well, isnt this going to happen against any player in the description described? The chances of it happening against a 4/4 player are small, and "Bread and Butter" to me means it is something you can count on all the time.

I played these opening ranges today, and my VPIP was about 17, which is pretty low. I came out ahead, but it was mainly on a AA hand and a couple of hands in the BB checked to me, on hands I would have folded, but flopped a straight, and had someone like thier hand and give me thier money.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Yeah, broadway is A-T.

- I think his 'bread and butter' was more a remark on whenever that situation occurs (set vs ~overpair against a nit), you can rely on getting his stack. It won't happen incredibly often, you're right, but when it does happen you're guaranteed a stack from it (assuming no horrible luck on your part), because you will know he has an overpair and he won't be good enough to know that you know he has an overpair because he is an unimaginative nit. :)

- In the short run, sessions can and will often hinge on big hands, things like AA getting paid off/getting sucked out on and suchlike. Anyone with Pokertracker/HEM will tell you that the vast majority of their profit comes from their big hands.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On opening ranges, specifically late postion where he says "most broadway", what exactly does this mean,

Is Broadway A through T or what? and if he is opening with them does that mean 2 broadway cards, or just any in his whole cards, like K2.
He means any two broadway cards. Stuff like KQ, AJ, QT. You can probably open any two cards higher than an eight in late position. Stealing from the button puts you in a really great spot (you've got initiative & position). So you should pretty much steal until they give you a reason not to.

K2, Q4 and other junk like that is trash that can even be folded from the button, and you wouldn't be missing much.