Controlling your nerves

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
t is necessary to control nerves when playing live..What would the enemy not have guessed what you came map.And online in my there is no difference. Mental activity is not particularly affected . Naturally, when you lose the player begins to fuss.

K

Kranston01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips experienced

How to deal with an aggressive player? 1). Don't get emotional. 2). You can expand your range a bit, but don't make it too big. 3). If there are tight players at the table, pay special attention to them. It will be very disappointing if in the fight against an aggressive player you get under the monster in the tight player. 4).Be patient and you will be ahead.

K

Kranston01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips experienced

How to behave against a tight player. 1). Play carefully. 2). Aggression safely fold. Fold is not always bad. 3). You can narrow down your usual range a bit. 4). The game is likely to be long get ready for it. However, the hen pecks grain by grain, try to increase the stack as much as possible. 5). If you feel that player strong and is beginning to to read you, change tactics.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you for these tips, I really needed it. these times I can not play well because I'm too nervous. I was absent for a 20 days and on my return. I realized that I was having trouble managing my emotions. I will follow your advice and I hope that I will be able to replay my A game in my next games.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In connection with my previous thread, the control of nerves is very important to make a good decisions and to avoid that your opponents read you and discover your emotions.
To be relaxed in the poker game you need to have a strong personality, and to help yourself with some useful things:
1. Make sport: Sport is very important to put out the negative energy, this is helping too much for relaxing and to have a clean brain when you need concentration.
2. Deep breathing: when you are playing, don't forget to breathe deeply when you feel some pressure, this is very important.
3. Concentration on the game: When you are playing, concentrate on how to play well, don't think about how much money you could win or you could lose, because this make you too much pervious.
Nerve control is paramount in a poker game, but if you have this control you can use it even in a bluff.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In connection with my previous thread, the control of nerves is very important to make a good decisions and to avoid that your opponents read you and discover your emotions.
To be relaxed in the poker game you need to have a strong personality, and to help yourself with some useful things:
1. Make sport: Sport is very important to put out the negative energy, this is helping too much for relaxing and to have a clean brain when you need concentration.
2. Deep breathing: when you are playing, don't forget to breathe deeply when you feel some pressure, this is very important.
3. Concentration on the game: When you are playing, concentrate on how to play well, don't think about how much money you could win or you could lose, because this make you too much pervious.

Good advice, thank you very much, just sometimes I can not restrain myself, I just get out of myself, I hope your advice will help me

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your advice. When it is difficult in the game I will definitely use. :top:

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice. Another hing an old timer once told me; stare at the table and count backwards from 100. It reboots the mind, at least a little.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that comes naturally with time. The more you play poker, the more you expose yourself to the pressure of making the right decision, the better you get at dealing with that pressure. If you play a tournament every 2 years it's only natural that you will always be stressed. If you play 5 tournaments a day you go through the same situations more frequently and some decisions become automatic.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's to be nervous about? It's a card game,,,:p Relax.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have gotten pretty selective if and when I play. Bad day a work and 5 minute drive from that, doesn't make me focused enough to play. Negative energy can kill a good game of poker. I'll sit them out until those are good with me.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to control my nerves with the methodology that when the plays do not come out it is because that tournament was not for me, so I stop blaming luck and variance ..

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I would add a basic rule: - If you have a state of nervousness, irritation when playing poker, then there are only two solutions: 1) close the client immediately, 2) forget about playing poker once and for all, otherwise sooner or later you in a difficult life situation

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I Think that thee nothing to get nervous about
Maybe a litlle bit of anger agst the river cards
Those are killing indeed
Otherwise enjoy the game Its Fun all over
Rgds

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi Badia
thank you for valuable suggestions
i get so so excited, i try very hard calm down
i read Liv Boree use a meditation App named "Calm"
i obtain that app and LUV IT!!! - i use the daily calm... helps me lots, relax, focus, calm down
helps me lots with my school too

Sacheen

Sacheen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We are not robots(well not all at least)so sometimes you can afford to let off steam, or you can go crazy)

Every time I go crazy I lose a lot. When I'm feeling emotional, I tend to go to the Kids table.
My question is, when I'm playing with the big boys.. sometimes I get downright pissed at the cards, the dealer, the idiot who dared call my brilliant hand and won 1/2 my stack. Then I sit and play determined to win it back and I usually lose even more. Do you have a productive way to play after that anger sets in?
It's like I know I should walk but I just can't, anyone relate? :D