Controlling your nerves

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In connection with my previous thread, the control of nerves is very important to make a good decisions and to avoid that your opponents read you and discover your emotions.
To be relaxed in the poker game you need to have a strong personality, and to help yourself with some useful things:
1. Make sport: Sport is very important to put out the negative energy, this is helping too much for relaxing and to have a clean brain when you need concentration.
2. Deep breathing: when you are playing, don't forget to breathe deeply when you feel some pressure, this is very important.
3. Concentration on the game: When you are playing, concentrate on how to play well, don't think about how much money you could win or you could lose, because this make you too much pervious.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the tips.
I will definitely take it for use and adaptation in my arsenal.

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorrry for the mistake in the end of my thread : ("because this make you too much nervous" Not previous).

In connection with my previous thread, the control of nerves is very important to make a good decisions and to avoid that your opponents read you and discover your emotions.
To be relaxed in the poker game you need to have a strong personality, and to help yourself with some useful things:
1. Make sport: Sport is very important to put out the negative energy, this is helping too much for relaxing and to have a clean brain when you need concentration.
2. Deep breathing: when you are playing, don't forget to breathe deeply when you feel some pressure, this is very important.
3. Concentration on the game: When you are playing, concentrate on how to play well, don't think about how much money you could win or you could lose, because this make you too much nervous.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not take poker moments personally, it’s the same job as any other. There are many useful articles on improving self-control in stressful situations. Not everyone is given the chance to become an outstanding player, but if you are here, then you are already halfway to success.

veirge140

veirge140

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the tips
knowing that i have some pressure when i play but i get better with time and control my nerves

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely agree with you.
Undoubtedly, controlling emotions is a very important part of a successful game. Sport has a positive effect on the human body as a whole and on concentration in particular. Concentration obviously affects the results of our game. Everything is interconnected.

uros1991

uros1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And how important is to drink something or eat ? Because people get nervous when they are hungy more than they lost on river :D And thanks for tips

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn’t always work out especially when I lost almost the entire amount.

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are not robots(well not all at least)so sometimes you can afford to let off steam, or you can go crazy)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always struggle with anxiety when I play live. Until I lose my first hand then I calm down and relax for whatever reason. Every time no matter what. Not sure why that relaxes me, but it does for some reason. I think it is because I have a fear of losing. And after I lose a hand it's like exposure therapy.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice. I often swim to sit down to a poker session with a clear mind - it really helps.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3. Concentration on the game: When you are playing, concentrate on how to play well, don't think about how much money you could win or you could lose, because this make you too much pervious.
Good advice. Most poker professionals practice meditation. Not suitable for everyone, but you can try.;)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can't play, no control will help. :)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good and right tips. I am convinced that if you follow your recommendations then the results will definitely improve.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There are good tips but in poker, the anger goes away so I don't need too much to calm me down.

SlyVII

SlyVII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you. I needed this information and reassurance for my bad beats.

fur90

fur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely agree with you.
Thanks for tips and i think my poker will be better with this community

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Your tips are really good, but in addition, I advise everyone, without exception, to do daily meditation. Thanks to meditation I am always calm, easy to control emotions and I have a good mood.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's all and many more things are possible to keep your head in place. I would tell you to practice meditation before the sessions

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spoted that.When cards getting close to win for me and opponent my pulse rise. That's a good tips for those situation.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Control is wonderful. Only sometimes it's impossible. I think every player has had these situations...

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try to put these tips into practice, I think they will help me. Lately, I often can't control my negative emotions and it doesn't allow me to play well and be focused on the game.

K

Kranston01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips experienced

How to make poker sessions profitable? 1). And most importantly, always follow the rules of the bankroll. 2). Find your Desk. For one it will be Omaha, the other FLH ... God knows what else. 3). Set real goals and try to achieve them every day. 4). Never try to recoup. 5). If the game does not go-go! This is a mandatory rule.