Control bankroll

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bankroll management is important, but there are many examples when people did huge amounts, not considering it, as there are many examples of zero games, that is, when we go out in a good plus we relax, and when we come back to the figure with which we started, we continue to gain momentum again, as there is a variance

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over time playing poker, I faced bankroll control problems. I always start with the intention of playing within the limit of the bank, with 100 * the entrance of the game, but when I realize I'm playing above my limits. So I'd like to hear what you think of this question below:
Who is more likely to break a bad player, but has control of the bank. or a good player who has no bank control?

A player with a lack of poker skill (aka a bad player) should not have a bankroll unless he likes losing money, he should play freerolls and play money until he knows what he is doing. An advanced player with plenty of skill should not have a bankroll problem unless he is playing stakes that are too high for his level of skill, effectively making him a bad player. Poker is a game of both skill and luck and no one knows which of the two is more prevalent. Having a bankroll problem is nothing but a rationalization used by poker players who don't want to admit to themselves having gambling problem, it really doesn't have anything to do with skill.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A player with a lack of poker skill (aka a bad player) should not have a bankroll unless he likes losing money, he should play freerolls and play money until he knows what he is doing. An advanced player with plenty of skill should not have a bankroll problem unless he is playing stakes that are too high for his level of skill, effectively making him a bad player. Poker is a game of both skill and luck and no one knows which of the two is more prevalent. Having a bankroll problem is nothing but a rationalization used by poker players who don't want to admit to themselves having gambling problem, it really doesn't have anything to do with skill.
It may be a gambling problem, but as I said earlier now thinking coldly, I'm doing what I like, and it does not hurt me at all.

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No offense, but this question is a bit silly, since it doesn't matter if you're a "good" player. If your bankroll management is poor, then your bankroll management is poor, and you will sooner or later go broke. Variance will kill you if you don't minimize it appropriately in proportion to your bankroll.

B

bkkblues99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is KEY to building untill you really the big one like say win a Sunday Major. Even then maybe bakroll management is important but you will simply have a lot more option.
But untill that huge score comes, in micro/low/mid stakes, bankroll management is probably the most important factor (outside of having solid basic understanding of the game).
I suffered a lot from bad bankroll management. Trying to rectify those past mistakes. Now I strictly stay winthin my set rules.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats'up guy, I just can not answer that question because I also can not control myself when I have some money in my account, I just want to play at the higher levels with the intention of earning a lot of money in the short term, which it will hardly happen. I've already got enough money in freerolls to play for a long time at low limits, but unfortunately that's not my reality. I have my bankroll broken. It's sad but it's my reality. Good luck at the tables and I hope you can manage your bankroll.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It may be a gambling problem, but as I said earlier now thinking coldly, I'm doing what I like, and it does not hurt me at all.

I wasn't giving you advice on how to live your life, that's none of my business. I was just answering your question, that's all.

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same thing here. I do the exact same thing. I think it's because we somewhat get a kind of addiction to winning while playing the game. So our minds eventually tells us to go higher. Lol
And I believe in order to be a good player, You need to have control of your bank roll.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same thing here. I do the exact same thing. I think it's because we somewhat get a kind of addiction to winning while playing the game. So our minds eventually tells us to go higher. Lol
And I believe in order to be a good player, You need to have control of your bank roll.
Yes I agree. And also when we lose we want to get it back as fast as possible lol. Not drop down a level cause our br isn't big enough anymore. I've never even tried Brm. But I do cashout often when I cash so I dont just give it back

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
'm not alone, but I already knew I was not. That's right, you have to want more, or you'll spend time on it and take the risk of not gaining anything. because with $ 11 you play 2 of $ 5.50 and depending on the tournament you can even win 2k or more and spend a maximum of 11 hours in both. already with the same $ 11 you play 110 sit and go from $ 0.10 because it is (recommended) to have at least 100 entries spending about 300 hours and in the end will not win those 2k and will still waste precious time. but it is worth emphasizing that if this is harming other areas of our life, we must withdraw to maintain balance. It's like I said I like the feeling, that's why I play if it's not like that, I'd rather not play.

I wasn't giving you advice on how to live your life, that's none of my business. I was just answering your question, that's all.
Thankyou

No offense, but this question is a bit silly, since it doesn't matter if you're a "good" player. If your bankroll management is poor, then your bankroll management is poor, and you will sooner or later go broke. Variance will kill you if you don't minimize it appropriately in proportion to your bankroll.
Thick bark will not hurt
Looking back, my best games were not within a bankroll control.

apeedgovi

apeedgovi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well then question is really, do you want to play a good game, or gamble more. You cannot take too much experience from 2 tourneys, where if you play 100+ tourneys for same money you will get that bonus experience. I do understand what do you mean, after I win SNG with buy-in $0.25, I want to go to higher limits. But time after time it has proven itself as terrible idea ;D Don't get blinded by potential prize, that way you can't play your best game. No offence, but if you are a great player, why this thread? :) Variance is a bitch. And also you put yourself in very difficult position to make right decisions, you'll always have a huge additional pressure if you play your last money, and I believe it will affect your game aswell. BRM is there for a reason. Good luck bro! :)

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure bankroll management and play your fun...

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well then question is really, do you want to play a good game, or gamble more. You cannot take too much experience from 2 tourneys, where if you play 100+ tourneys for same money you will get that bonus experience. I do understand what do you mean, after I win SNG with buy-in $0.25, I want to go to higher limits. But time after time it has proven itself as terrible idea ;D Don't get blinded by potential prize, that way you can't play your best game. No offence, but if you are a great player, why this thread? :) Variance is a bitch. And also you put yourself in very difficult position to make right decisions, you'll always have a huge additional pressure if you play your last money, and I believe it will affect your game aswell. BRM is there for a reason. Good luck bro! :)
Hi. I'm not a good player in every game. I know which buy-in is good for me.
The problem is that this long term has permeated the minds of the players from the beginning and one thing is tied to another - bank and long-term control ... I know who never loses in the long run, just think a little that you will too remember.
Now for those who want to do everything as recommended, feel at ease. I myself can only play after finishing my duties. I'd rather lose $ 11 with a chance to win 2k + than lose $ 0.10 to win $ 6.80 and have to register dinovo again ... for those who want to live poker I suggest playing $ 0, 10 if I have $ 11 because I do not want responsibility. For if the plan is to try to live poker and to have 11 $ and play 1 of $ 11 will be crazy. I do these things because it's not my case. Good luck

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. So, I will play as always, that is: play as if there were no tomorrow. This suggestion to control the bankroll has paralyzed me, I feel that it is not helping me at all.:mad:

Control is necessary , but it must be handled carefully! If you play only based on the rules, it will lead to the fact that you become predictable! Don't give your opponent an advantage over you!:elefant:

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Control is necessary , but it must be handled carefully! If you play only based on the rules, it will lead to the fact that you become predictable! Don't give your opponent an advantage over you!:elefant:
Hi, I understood what you mean, I think it's right. I do not question bankroll management, I think it's valid.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I understood what you mean, I think it's right. I do not question bankroll management, I think it's valid.

This is fine when two players understand each other! I will prompt the solution of a question to you, and you will help with my problem! That's why we communicate here!

S

seawolf84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I still making my bankroll, it's not easy but is the right way and important is to not gives more from 0,5% of bankroll for playing per day

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management