Complaints about all in

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't think people should be playing "no limit" holdem if they are going to complain about all ins or any overbets for that matter.... maybe "limit" or "cap" is where they belong!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's called no limit for a reason.

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't complain but I do get annoyed if someone else gets their chips before I pick up a good hand. it just makes the game harder for remaining players giving another user an immediate edge

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i noticed that many players start complaining if a player plays with all in a lot .What do you think when you re against a player who s using "all in" a lot and continuously ( in a tournament ) ? Many players find that stupid , or it makes them angry , so they start taking it personally . In my opinion , i guess every player can play the game how ever he wants , if it s allowed , then no one should complaint about it . What s your opinion about this ?
It is only you to stay tight, the poker player has to realize how the table is playing, if there are many players playing many hands, you will win more chips waiting for strong hands and if the table and tight you should play looser.
ex:
There is a very tight player in the bb, you are in the small, you can raise many times that you will win the blinds, and when he calls you raise you know he has a strong hand.
In poker there is no magic formula, you have to adapt to the way opponents play.
And one of the main features of good poker playing is patience.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to everyone who gives his tips here. I stopped to respond to stupid or offensive notes in the chat and on how often someone goes olyn or too tight playing. The rules there is no limit how many times a player can go olyn. I play my game, others do what they see fit. This is normal.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am guilty of playing an all in strategy. My thinking is if I get reraised, would I call. If I would not call, why am I in the hand in the first place.
It was pokerstars or full tilt I think that offered All In or Fold tournaments. freerolls cause bad habits to form and so does All in or Fold. And so does top x players win a ticket to a tournament. The style of play demanded in these tournaments create bad habits or produce nice results, which you can choose to use in tournament or ring games to mix things up a bit compared to the same-oh, same-oh.

P

psychoticpokerplayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
either play his game or dont, dont stress over it, u'll just tilt urself

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely times in a hyper format and you are low on blinds, you have to move to a shove/fold strategy and stop seeing flops - just be patient when choosing which shoves to call.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
These are the best fishes in the sea
Just wait until you get good cards and call them
Probably you will win a good stack
Good luck
Rgds

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i noticed that many players start complaining if a player plays with all in a lot .What do you think when you re against a player who s using "all in" a lot and continuously ( in a tournament ) ? Many players find that stupid , or it makes them angry , so they start taking it personally . In my opinion , i guess every player can play the game how ever he wants , if it s allowed , then no one should complaint about it . What s your opinion about this ?

It turns poker into bingo. For lesser players, its their only shot.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why hate, appreciate....it tends to make your decision really easy when they are going in all time, just figure out what range you are willing to call with and go with it.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that they have the right to make that decission. It's allowed to go all-in whenever you want. But it is also not forbidden to be a real a**hole and I think it is OK when others complain about that. Just because You can, doesn't mean you have to....

I think the problem is that these people would never play that way in a tournament with a real buy-in. It's not their way of playing poker. It is their way of showing disrespect to the tourny they are in. Usually they say: "But it's just a freeroll".

Smashing your head against the wall is also free, so why don't they do that instead and leave the freerolls to people who actually want to play poker ?

But in the long run these guys are excellent chip sources in the later stages, when they have a huge stack by hitting miracles in the early stage but cannot stop to make stupid all-ins... But still annoying to be one of the players who get busted by their crap moves early on....

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For players who just keep shoving, your shove is a matter of chance as well if you finally decide to shove against him/her. Of course sometimes it makes me think wtf it is of a streak specially if low cards suddenly get an overhand to good hands but that´s just that i guess.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I don't like it. But this happens only on freerolls. I did not see that they would play on tournaments or on cash tables.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me that is a way to play or a style. The disadvantage is you are more easy to get beaten cause you never know when someone will hit and knock you out of the tournament.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No complaints about the all-in. Its frustrating because more bad beats happen but that is just part of the game.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All ins are good if you win all the time. but at times you have to go all to win blinds, when they are high enough. I don't mind all ins if you want to exit tournaments fast that is a good way. Some players go all in, to bluff as well to show they have a strong hand but at times you get caught.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really get sad when I have someone like that at my table in a tournament and they change my table before I can catch him or if someone takes his chips before me. I've seen people play all-in literally ALL their hands and make a re-buy after another when they lose. Those people are a goldmine for those who have patience. True, sometimes beat your pair of K 'with 2-7o. But that doesn't happen most of the time.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While I tend to frown upon players who play that all-in with any ace or any pair style of poker, I don't really feel like it's my place to complain. I just assume something like maybe they lack the intelligence necessary to improve their poker skills or even recognize their lack of skill. I mean I'm just saying, some players are never going to take their poker game beyond a certain point. That's just real. Some players are never going to master the game. But others will never even try. They just can't comprehend the game on a high level. More than that, they don't realize how bad they actually play. They don't even realize that there is so much more to the game than races and coin flips. How would it look for me to be at the table complaining and inevitably arguing with them about how they choose to play. I'd just be lowering myself. Like that guy told Phil Hellmuth at the wsop a few years back, he paid his entry fee so he can blow his chips off any way he wants. Unless of course it's a freeroll. Then what are you complaining about anyway. What else did you expect?

shane4050

shane4050

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is pretty much how i made 80 buck in spin and goes at the 3 dollar level then jumped to the 5 dollars and lost 95% of it. alot more skill then just blind bluffs and all ins in poker. they are playing bingo

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who plays like this will lose everything in the long run. they don't worry me

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have nothing against going all-in as it gives you the most fold equity. If somebody is doing it on every time it's best to just bide your time and wait for a premium hand to try and do some damage.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a player wants to go all in whenever he wants to and as often as he wants its
just fine because they are free to do it. We always have to remember poker is always
a form of gambling, and these things will happen!

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

For poor players, it is their best chance to build chips. I have no problem with it, I just wait for the opportunity to call.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only time i hate all in is when i lose them.