nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DoN

I don't no if anybody has asked this question b4 but i'll give it a shot....Wut type of game is a DON ?

DON = Double or nothing. My experience is with STT (either full or 6-handed). The top half wins (doubles their buy-in minus rake) and the bottom half gets nothing. This makes it different than the typical STT where the top 3 places pay.

So, for example, in a 10-handed $1.00 buy-in (with a small rake added on), the top 5 get $2. Again, in my experience, the game ends when the table is down to the top half.

~~~
Debpes
(playing as NabToPlay)

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just went through and added everything that has been brought up in the thread so far so you dont have to search through every post...

Thank you, this is really helpful to get up to speed.

~~~
debpes (playing as NabToPlay)

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A double barrel is when you have raised pre flop and cbet both the flop and turn. A tripple barrel is when you also bet the river.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c-betting the flop and the turn.
I'm to slow what brank said

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing beginners need to know about poker can be summed up in 3 words: Triple Check-Raise.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to know more about fold equity. Say you have AK, and you face a big c-bet after you miss the flop. I thought that it meant that your equity was good because it was an easy fold....At least that's what I thought.

Last edited:
DIGITcon

DIGITcon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the list. I've heard the terms Hero and Villian on the forum too. What are these?

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the list. I've heard the terms Hero and Villian on the forum too. What are these?
When you post in the Hand Analysis section or when talking about a hand you previously played : The HERO would be you, and the VILLAIN would be the player you are in the pot against.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have seen fold to DONK BET
what would be a Donk BEt?

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A donk bet.

You raise, villain calls out of position

Flop comes and villain bets at you

That is a donk bet, it has nothing to do with being a donkey just a name for a certain type of bet.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Donk Bet

You raise, villain calls out of position

Flop comes and villain bets at you

That is a donk bet, it has nothing to do with being a donkey just a name for a certain type of bet.

Donk Bet anyone?

Sorry, I didn't make things big and bold for you the first time.

Last edited:
BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a great thread for players like me who has brain-fades.

Thanks

:party:

Y

yotalover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks a million, I can't believe it took me so long to check this thread out. Still learning, but getting better LOL.

M

MERKESPA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great info. Can believe how much there is to learn about poker. I wish I had started sooner.

P

pittsburgh1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My question... on the main lobby board for cash games, 2 columns are 'avgpot' and 'plrs/flop'...question is... how many hands are these averages based on?... last 10 hnds?...100 hnds?... just curious how much data, or what data is used and how current it is... hope this wasn't too complex a question.... I'm hoping for an exact answer, not a ... 'i think it's'....ty people

larryj

larryj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Just want to know these abb. are very helpful

Thanks a lot for this information. I am one of those new members to the forum and to online poker and I was reading a post that had a lot of these abbreviations. The lingo and poker terms here are very helpful to someone like me. Thanks

Larry Johnson

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a couple of terms I learned. spewy and repping.
My take
spewy ...to spew chips....playing illogically for some reason like when tired/tilt/intoxicated....
repping...short for representing a certain hand....like if I c/r on the flop Im repping a really strong hand.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ATC= Any two cards

just in case someone missed this :p

ATM = Free money!

If a player is called an ATM, this means he is bank for a player! You can get a lot from this type of player because he has a ton of money and is usually willing to pay you off just for the fun/love of the game. He does not "grind" he just plays for fun, almost knowing he is going to lose but does not care because he is a "tourist" just trying to have a good time :)