Common situations where you find you 'have to call'

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Once again, Ashley Adams gives us reasons to pause and reflect. This time he reminds us of the situations where we find our inner poker voice telling us we 'have to call' when clearly the hands in question should give us reasons to reconsider.

The article linked below is something that most poker players need to be reminded of from time to time...right?!

Winning Poker Strategy: Avoiding the Sirens’ Call

Do you have anything you can add to Ashley's list?

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, №3 is just wrong
You can defend in the big blind facing a small raise even when short-stacked.

For example, suppose the button min-raises and you're in the big blind with:

53s
76o
Q2s

I would defend by calling with each of those hands at an effective stack of at least 7bb.
And with deeper stack you can easily call a standard op-raise with 100% of suited hands and like a half of unsuited for sure.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, №3 is just wrong

And with deeper stack you can easily call a standard op-raise with 100% of suited hands and like a half of unsuited for sure.

I think Ashley is only reminding us how some (not all) poker players may think, depending on the situation.

I didn't see where the comment from Collin came from so I will assume it came from a different thread?

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited:
Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This article is very useful for me, I often lose control of myself after getting a premium hand when dealing and make unforgivable mistakes, I need to remember about it more often when playing, it will be something like a cold shower