Coaching

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you Believe that it is good to hire a coach to improve your game, or get good articles or poker books is enough?

do You would pay one?

I really do not know if anything has been published about this, but I would like to know your views And fundamentals

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key is you need to find a good coach. If you find a good coach, of course it's going to help your game, and quicken that learning curve.

L

lancel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are new, practice some basic concepts (watch youtube videos and stuff) then hire someone VERY good at poker

If you are experienced, hire someone "a level or two" better than you. You may need multiple coaches by then end, since if Tom Dwan spit all his poker knowledge in your head you probably wouldn't do well unless you understand his type of logic inherently.

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, a good coach will provide an opportunity to hone skills. And a books - is an auxiliary material -like books and professor at the university

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that to hire a coach - is an effective way to improve your game. The teacher can identify weaknesses and provide accurate and professional advice that will be useful at the table.
Lessons with coach cost is not cheap. I play at micro limits and coach me to anything. Another thing, if you play on medium and high limits.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Apparently the majority agrees to have a coach.
Now another question would be:
Could be an online coach??
Since in my city is not very popular the game

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never been coached, but having coached a few losing/breakeven players who within a couple months were consistently winning at their games, I'd say getting coaching is a must for anyone taking poker seriously. Poker is extremely hard to win at in 2017, coaching allows you to pick up a lot of concepts needed to win in today's games quickly.

An online coach is really the only option, it is the most convenient option by far and you can easily communicate.

In order to get the fullest out of coaching, you must be serious about poker, be open to change/applying new concepts, and at least have the basics down before you receive coaching, it makes everyone's life easier. Having someone who is a present-day winner at the games you're playing as a coach is an absolute must.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never been coached, but having coached a few losing/breakeven players who within a couple months were consistently winning at their games, I'd say getting coaching is a must for anyone taking poker seriously. Poker is extremely hard to win at in 2017, coaching allows you to pick up a lot of concepts needed to win in today's games quickly.

An online coach is really the only option, it is the most convenient option by far and you can easily communicate.

In order to get the fullest out of coaching, you must be serious about poker, be open to change/applying new concepts, and at least have the basics down before you receive coaching, it makes everyone's life easier. Having someone who is a present-day winner at the games you're playing as a coach is an absolute must.

In which sites or how you manage to find a good coach??:confuso:

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful says that poker is knot a team sport lol, its as individual as reading a good poker book.

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coaching is nice, but why pay for it?

Most of what you can learn from a coach you can also learn from books, online quizzes, and reviewing your hand history.

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The coach is of course great, but not the fact that the money invested will return to you. It all will depend on coach abilities except your talents, diligence, and even a huge number of factors.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that we do not need a coach, I'm learning from our mistakes.
Can someone recommend a good poker book ??

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
coaching is nice, but why pay for it?

Most of what you can learn from a coach you can also learn from books, online quizzes, and reviewing your hand history.

Not remotely true.

Anyone ever read rich dad, poor dad? I actually haven't read this book, but the point is highlighted over and over again in poker forums (and I'm sure lots of forums).

Successful people understand how to properly invest in themselves. For example, you can learn a lot of things in poker by reading books, forums, even joining poker training sites. But the amount of time that you SPEND doing that, versus the adjusted learning curve that happens when you have a good coach, pays for itself quite quickly. So if you earn say .5bb/100, but take 1 year to learn to improve to double your winrate at 1bb/10 by reading books and training sites.... but instead, had a coach that took you from .5bb/100 to 1bb/100 in only 1 month, you'd have 11 months of making more money.

You have to invest in yourself intelligently, and think in terms of long term solutions in any craft you're trying to perfect and/or earn money through.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting a coach will severely make you better in a shorten period of time, but you need to give all of you to make it happen, nothing happens like magic. I'd really like to have a coach but now the money is short so i'm just studying poker while i'm on vacations and trying to get better by myself.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont have the money, but its very good to have a coach, you will learn a lot.

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have the opportunity if I would pay for a teacher because that would allow me to advance in poker

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think it helps a lot.
it improves your game from here and there.

M

MikeMike109

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can also try to watch twitch poker plays, sometimes it is also useful to see how top players play

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you Believe that it is good to hire a coach to improve your game, or get good articles or poker books is enough?

do You would pay one?

I really do not know if anything has been published about this, but I would like to know your views And fundamentals

Find a group of friends that you can play with and discuss hands. Just having others point out things you may not see will help

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find a group of friends that you can play with and discuss hands. Just having others point out things you may not see will help

It may be, the thing is to find friends who are very good at playing

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think a coach is a great idea,,i coached my sons for awhile and they picked up everything i was teaching them and they twicked there games to their own style and became very good players,,,there is no easy way to learn good poker but i think if you can have someone over your shoulder while your in an acutal game,,,you can pick up mistakes on the spot,,,,also you can talk about certain hands after they are played and not refer to a book or blog. :cool:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely don't see how coaching can hurt. Different people learn things different ways. While I tend do very well comprehending material made available to me for reading, there are times when I may not be able to fully grasp a concept on my own. In those cases it helps to have someone that can answer questions or break things down in different terms or use examples to illustrate a concept.

Surely there is no substitute for experience, which might argue for just getting out there and doing it. But another way to look at it might be, why not borrow from someone else's experience to help shorten the learning curve.