Bubble play equity question

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not folding queens on the bubble of a 9 man sng ever.

There aren't any situations where I can see myself folding queens in the BB on the bubble of a nine player sng.

Sorry.

I'd like to revise my statement - I would fold queens on the bubble of a nine player sng with the stacks like this:

STACK SIZE A
BS = 5k
LAG = 3.5k
Hero = 3.5k
SSER = 1.5k

STACK SIZE B
BS = 6k
LAG = 3.5k
Hero = 3.4k
SSER = 600

STACK SIZE C
BS = 5k
LAG = 3.1k
Hero = 3.2k
SSER = 2.2k

M

malakata

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This play depend if you know who is your oponent, because can be a bluffer or something else.....but is too difficult fold QQ, I think that depend the price of the tournament you play, because is no the same playing wsop to play $ 1 tournament.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if all have even stacks you need to be 65%(on the bubble) favorite just to break even as far as equity is concerned. if you think you have this and also have a skill edge you may want to fold still. QQ vs a random hand(villian shoves ATC) has 78% equity enough to call. but QQ vs 77+ AQ+ still would only be 62% equity not enough to call. 66+ ATs+ AJ+ is just about break even as far as equity goes so imo is still a fold. if you had a read that he wouldnt open shove his stronger hands like AA and KK then I think a call would be easy.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great posts from everyone. The reason i made this thread was not to see the answer cose i already knew it.
The reason was i was hoping that players like you will elaborate and will give me more to think about when i play SnGs, and that is exactely what happened.
High blind play i think is the most important and hard stage of the SnG single table tournament , where u can make profit on the long run or lose money on the long run. The scope is not to be first in one of them but to make profit on the long run.

What i can say is that even if you win the hand with QQ nobody guarantees you the first place thats why u have to know your equity .
But what is guaranteed is that if you fold you will have a bigger chance to get ITM making profit.

I put the question for MTT because i find myself in a lot of situations (especialy with the CC freerolls) where i have 10-15 BB in the buble or almost at the final table and that the 9-th place does not pay me much. Everyone else have from 5-25 BBs ad waiting for the perfect hand wil get you outblinded.
I would call at MTT simply cose there will be lot of money if i win but i will not lose much if i will get out 9 place or 8.

At MTT first place can be your scope. But at SNG profit on the long run has to be your scope.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This play depend if you know who is your oponent, because can be a bluffer or something else.....but is too difficult fold QQ, I think that depend the price of the tournament you play, because is no the same playing WSOP to play $ 1 tournament.

AT SNG u should fold if you play SNG for the long run. I know it is hard. But on the long run you will meet a lot of this situations like QQ, JJ, TT on the BB an you will have to face a tough decision even at small buy-ins.

Making profit on the long run means that your game have to improve in a way that you will always have an edge vs the opponents. If you make more correct decisions on the long run than your opponents you will make more money.

It is hard for me to play the best game but that's why i can post here to get answers and improve. And untill that i will keep posting and ask about different concepts so that good players can elaborate and make me understand the concepts better.