BRM - BankRollManagment

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahh I'm being ignorant and under the assumption when I see a post about people depositing wanting to play for real money games they must be outside of the U.S.

I'm not 100% sure of which sites are good for U.S players these days so can't really help you there :(

Good luck either way! :)

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol it's okay. Im sure someone from the US can put their 2 cents in, I know theres tons of posts and threads about it but I figured since this convo isn't directly about it I can get a more clear cut answer. The 65 post requirement thing for being able to post more than 7 times in a day is REALLY annoying -_- so if i don't answer back right away you guys know why

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Minted Poker has been solid for me so far, low traffic unfortunantly unless you play in Euros;s ( the convert it automatically and auto convert back to USD) Those tables always have players. The MTTS have some nice Gurantes and usually never get over 50 even 100 is rare besides the weekend games with the best guarantee.

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Minter huh? I think I May have checked them out. I like Doyales room and Cakes UI and table layouts but i'll try minted. I need somewhere to play lol

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahh yeah that'sa good thread I may have to try that, just wish there was more peopleon there

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well its worth it for those gurantee tourneys. They have some great ones on the weekend. highest BI is i think 25$ and usually 1-200 players. Not too shabby if you ask me. But thats somethingi will do when i build my roll :D

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i'm gonna start my BR on bodog, they have some pretty good tournies also, and a decent amount of traffic AND their layout isnt bad either and their tables dont look cheap and crap.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well its worth it for those gurantee tourneys. They have some great ones on the weekend. highest BI is i think 25$ and usually 1-200 players. Not too shabby if you ask me. But thats somethingi will do when i build my roll :D

Id rather shoot for money added if available so that you don't have to guesstimate how many players will actually register late.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well be warned, Bodog might leave US at the end of the year. Rumors? I dono. Fact? Still dono, but I have heard this from somewere, I 4 got

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh nice, name change :) i may even check Bodog out now !

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There not leaving from what ive read, they are changing names. I think theyll be ok.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I may shoo over to Bodog, we have any free rolls their? And maybe ill look for a free bankroll online somewere ;)

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah there's FR's. Good ones from what I can see, pokerstrategy.com I think offers 50$ twards them also.

P

pobe27mo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I don't think you can get the pokerstrategy $50 if you're in the US.

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 Too Pobe, Cant do it. Im getting sick of the US so quickly now. I live 6hrs from canada. IM MOVING! haha

seachicken

seachicken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One downside to bodog is no rakeback. If you find an affiliate you can get 40% rakeback for minted but there is talk about money not being held separate on minted.

Good luck

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i'm not sure if I like the layout of Minted. I like clean, modern looking sites and software like Doyle's room, hence why I chose Bodog. If anyone has any other suggestions i'm open too them but for right now were pretty limited.

seachicken

seachicken

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Minted has said they are releasing a new version of their software. I don't know what the changes are but it might be something to consider.

If you plan to play a lot rakeback can make a big difference.

CoolMike90

CoolMike90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, looking at it now, their software isnt terrible, def could use the update but other wise I think it's fine. The big problem was their traffic. it's a lot lower than most of the other US norm sites. Right now they only have 800 people on. compared too the 4k on bodog. Idk may not make that big of a difference,.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does, it gts as low as 250 online :( such horrid traffic, GREAT for MTT games tho! But cash is usually bad :(

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management