Which Book Would You Recommend For A Beginner To MTT’s?

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which book would you recommend to someone who knows the rules of no-limit holdem tournaments....but not much about strategy?

Harrington on Holdem volumes 1-3
OR
Jonathan Little’s “Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem: Strategies to Consistently Beat Small Stakes Cash Games and Tournaments.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I recommend looking for new information on poker sites and watching videos.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Books are wonderful, read - useful. But poker is changing and better studying today's poker.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Murman "Murman about poker" The book "Murman about Poker" is written in very unusual style. In it the author who repeatedly showed skill in tournament poker and earned by a game over $19 000 000 carries out the analysis of the distributions played by his companion Byron Jacobs. You can visually see a difference between thinking of the average player of average limits and the professional of level of Murman. In poker community the book collected preferably good responses.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books are wonderful, read - useful. But poker is changing and better studying today's poker.

Yes always changing it seems.
A lot of the basics of how to use position even though changing will let you see what changes are being done. You will still have a strong foundation on positioning in general I feel.

I have read a good assortment of books, maybe too many. lol

I do recommend Phil Gordon's books, solid game theory and he shows you details on how he plays, bets, position. etc... The big thing about reading books is that after reading I would go to the play money tables and practice what I had read, then go back and read again and see what I did right and wrong. Then repeat. The more you play after reading different books the more you will truly understand what you read and be able to apply.

B

Bearclaws8989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend to a beginner playing mtts to sit back and be prepared to fold about 75 to 85% of the time and play passive and tight at first until you gain an above average stack then switch it up a lil and play aggressive on big hands and strong draws to steal pots. Also you should think about what your opponent has based on what he or she raises preflop

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Jared Tendler book "The Mental Game of Poker". is, in my opinion, a very useful book.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes strategy's change and the game is evolving but for a beginner these books still hold a lot of value and give a good insight into the basics of poker strategy. Read Harrington on holdem first then move onto Jonathan Little.

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the replies everyone! It’s really appreciated.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I read Ed Miller's book Texas Hold'em for Beginners.
I also to read the book of Jared Tendler's "Poker: The Game of the Mind"
Good luck.