pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Against an unknown opponent, I bluff exactly one-third of the time I bet a pot-sized bet on the river.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like to bluff., but often bluff with lack of source.

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker without bluff is not poker, every player must bluff when necessary

T

tovas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the opponent, in most cases it works

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bluffing does work but it must be done smartly, and you should have some idea of how that player plays. A good bluff is telling a story about the hand you are representing. You may want to bluff but there are times when that river card would not complete your story so you can bluff.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often do you bluff and does that works for you most of the time?

Against an unknown opponent, I bluff exactly one-third of the time I bet a pot-sized bet on the river.
what is 1/3rd exactly?

bluff on 1/3rd of all rivers reached?
bluff 1/3rd of the time, when you have nothing on the river?

and shouldn't you use a sizing thats not exploitable?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing does work but it must be done smartly, and you should have some idea of how that player plays. A good bluff is telling a story about the hand you are representing. You may want to bluff but there are times when that river card would not complete your story so you can bluff.
its not exactly,telling a story thats important

It is understanding range completely that is valuable

Villian Range compared to community board is how we calculate fold equity

When their fold equity+ our unrealized equity reaches a certain mathematical threshold

Its a great Semi Bluff

When their overall range is capped AND misses the community cards so bad that
We don't require any equity at all

457 flop hits

ask yourself how many of his combos are value

without an overpair or a set
he can only bluff and fold

Pure AIR Bluff is my fav

16877c8873b1e17ea3006063f1562d20.png

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
It is player dependant.
Against tight/passive players you can sometimes bluff with ATCs
The same works against TAGs, if you understand when they become honest, ie which street. If a TAG bets on the river you should be folding all 1 pair hands, even TPTK.
Unless you have a part of tne board avoid bluffing calling stations. The idea of bluffing is to get a better hand to fold and the old CS will call you with any part of the board, shouuld a CS become aggressive you have to fold. Bet them aggressively with good made hands as they will pay you off.
Against LAGs play hands at the top of their range, they are harder to figure out but many of them will do the betting for you when they have a weaker hand.
Some Lages a re very good players who play hands fom both ends of their range. They are hardest to beat because you are never quite certain how the have or haven't hit the board.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i bluff like 10% of time they usually don´t miss against me lol

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
My top strategy is to bluff but it doesn’t works for me everytime.
I do manage to win small pot bluffing but I loose big chunk of money while bluffing as well it always has been a big issue for me so I am taking a resolution these days not to bluff much if they have they have it I simply give up also it has been said that never bluff a fish they will call you with anything any pair🥲

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
By that logic everyone should (be able to) bluff in cardchat games :unsure:
Mate everyone has some knowledge of Poker who are enrolled in platinum membership they are there for a reason they knows the thin line between bluffing and value betting so I don’t it works on them it might works sometimes if they don’t have anything at all!
But don’t over bluff🤣

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
its not exactly,telling a story thats important

It is understanding range completely that is valuable

Villian Range compared to community board is how we calculate fold equity

When their fold equity+ our unrealized equity reaches a certain mathematical threshold

Its a great Semi Bluff

When their overall range is capped AND misses the community cards so bad that
We don't require any equity at all

457 flop hits

ask yourself how many of his combos are value

without an overpair or a set
he can only bluff and fold

Pure AIR Bluff is my fav

16877c8873b1e17ea3006063f1562d20.png
Thank you mate for this magnificent knowledge I managed to learn something new today 🙏
Will apply this strategy in my upcoming games for sure💯

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ty
Will apply this strategy in my upcoming games for sure💯
sry bout that

I have lost my mind.
Between studying pluribus and AI vs AI, solvers and GTO exploitations
and Creating Limping is Pimping out of pure Spite of GTO Pros
DYN_ICM
GTFO
and chat-gpt4

I'm now creating new types of cutting edge game strategy archetypes and theorys. That makes people like Daniel Negreanu and others steal my stuff and never even send me a tshirt lol

If your'e the real Dneg .
You owe me a shirt

I got this one strategy where we fold the button and completely remove blind stealing from the foundations of the strategys base theory .it gets even better.. but I'm not writing that on here
I'mma call it Golden Little Bullet when its done

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I guess I don't bluff often enough. But to be honest, I don't really like to take unnecessary risks, so bluffing doesn't really appeal to me, although in general I understand that bluffing is part of the process of this wonderful game.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
sry bout that

I have lost my mind.
Between studying pluribus and AI vs AI, solvers and GTO exploitations
and Creating Limping is Pimping out of pure Spite of GTO Pros
DYN_ICM
GTFO
and chat-gpt4

I'm now creating new types of cutting edge game strategy archetypes and theorys. That makes people like Daniel Negreanu and others steal my stuff and never even send me a tshirt lol

If your'e the real Dneg .
You owe me a shirt

I got this one strategy where we fold the button and completely remove blind stealing from the foundations of the strategys base theory .it gets even better.. but I'm not writing that on here
I'mma call it Golden Little Bullet when its done
And sorry mate I am not real Daniel Negreanu 😂
I just happend to be putting this name while registering to CC now I cannot change this.
Also you taught me something valuable I would love to send you tshirt in near future just keep in touch ❤️💯

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, it is a part of the game and if you are looking to make profit whenever the opportunity presents itself, bluffing will help you do that. Of course bluffing is complicated, and there are many different types of bluff's. Your own Table image, opponent. Bet sizing all need to be considered. I believe with experience, learn from ones own mistakes, and over time, you will become better at bluffing.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the bluff will depend on your position, your opponent and the type of tournament you are playing.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NEVER EVER because I'm playing bad players.

ABC straight simple stuff and pat them on the head telling them nh if they bluff me because I know theyre bluffing off their stacks or they're playing too many hands over their skill level thats just basically "mindless aggression" wins.

I played a few cardschat freerolls on ACR last year and I only bluffed like one, maybe 2 folks and it was a compliment to their solid game rather than "ooh look I bluffed you".

And showed the donk hand of 37 or some stupid hand afterwards but lets put it in context, I had been folding every hand at that table for like 2 hours, lol.

And I knew they were solid and paying attention and not some mindless person trying to steal blinds that were so trivial that didn't matter or whatever silly situation you can come up with.