bluffing?

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
beware of donks remember theyre call with pair deuces.;D

I was trying to bluff yesterday i was playing careful and get into trap:( allin at flop. when i saw my opponents hand i close my notebook :S

Whoa !!!!! I might of broke it. That sucks. Get that back. :icon_salu

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i got a good read. Why not ??? Go with your gut even though a lot of players say its stupid. Works 4 me. :albertein

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all get the same hands after a certain amount of time, yet some players turn a profit, some lose. It's always great to boost your winnings with a hand that has no value, but You shouldn't be bluffing too much, only from time to time when you get the opportunity in order to mix up your play and have your opponents guessing as your main income should be from big pots with premium hands.

When attempting to bluff, you are representing a hand and if you fail to do so, better opponents will call you down because your play made no sense. Bluffs work better against thinkng opponents, because bad players will get married to their top pairs and two pairs no matter how scary the board looks. You can also bluff against weak players who will instantly fold their medium strenght hands without thinking too much.

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
I can tell you what i do but I am no professional by any means.

If there is more than one other player in the pot with me I have to decide who is bluffable and who is a calling station. A calling station will call no matter how bad his or her hand is so you have to be careful with calling stations.

First thing is I always tend to raise if I am in late position and no one has raised before me; if i see a few people fold, then I consider that raise a success because I just lowered the probability that they will "suck out" on me (which is to say, draw out on a hand that preflop was inferior to mine).

You can call that a bluff or not but its really something I try to do as often as possible. But of course, if you do anything too often, savvy players that have been watching you the whole time may try to set you up and trap you by slow playing something big in anticipation of your raise. This is why when I do raise, I don't raise an amount that would cripple my chipstack. In general, when raising because no one else raised, my raise will be about 2.5BB. And of course, will only call a big reraise if I actually have something....my definition of having something changes depending on the range of hands a particular opponent could have (i base this decision on stats I have obtained about the player during the game so far).

As far as bluffing on the flop, turn, or river, I will tend to do this when I am on a draw of some sort or if I have 2nd top pair. But this is largely villain-dependent as well. I will be looser with aggressive-tight players in my bluff and tighter with loose-aggressive players in my bluff. If I am up against a calling-station, I just play straight up poker: i don't try to bluff someone like that. If I am at a table with a bunch of players who I know are bluffable and just a single calling station is still in the hand, I don't even try to bluff.....

I think bluffing is more about knowing what you can get away with and with whom. Some people are easily bluffed over and over and over and over again. Others, just once in a while. Yet others will always call your bluff. So the game I try to play with the latter type of player is to raise really big against such players when i have something; and if i keep doing this with calling-stations i look for the point at which they no longer call my bets. When I see that calling-stations are deliberately not calling my bet anymore, I can start to bluff them...but I always do so with caution because in my mind, ONCE A CALLING-STATION, ALWAYS A CALLING-STATION AT HEART...

I used to think playing bad hand aggressively is bluff. I really need to read and practice on play money more.

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play money is never a good practice. After a certain point you can no longer learn anything from there.

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just my opinion,
I tend to bluff online later in tournament play when I have A decent chip stack and blinds are climbing,When short stacks are in the blinds and have to be put to A decision.
Also bubble time with chips is a great time to pick up blinds and chips.
Seems alot of players get scared money right around bubble time.

I been using this in some tournaments now and yes its working. But important to have a big stack to do so

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play money is never a good practice. After a certain point you can no longer learn anything from there.

I agree playmoney is nothing like real poker.

All an all around the table usually. No time for post preflop play.

There are no respect for the stack

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
how can I make proper use of bluffing in online poker sites?

Personally, I use only pure bluff. Belong more to the tight players. Therefore almost always brings me my bluff the pot. Even if opponents know the autopsy that it was a bluff, in the next strong hand will make the call and get into my network. But in this case I do not at this table bluffing.