bluff strategy

V

vaci38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need you and you got used to bluffing but I think more than 2-3 times you can not because it will you read other players , then you're done but it is double-edged sword and can bring her to the other players in the delusion that again bluffing and you have excellent hand then you come out as a winner , and you'll certainly throw a lot of it so that everything is in your hands

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard somewhere you should bluff about once an hour. Of course you should pick your spots and players - don't bluff a player who you think has top pair if he/she is the kind of player who never folds top pair even though board has flush/straight possibilities, and also don't bluff for a lot of your chips, so it's not a disaster if you get caught.
Also I guess a c bet is a kind of bluff and lots of players will c bet when they miss the flop but to me it doesn't feel as much like a bluff because it is a part of poker strategy.

naitutreaba

naitutreaba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion you need to be lucky every hand if you want to win without blufs..i guess is imposible to win a tournament without make few blufs:)

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are two options to take away pot:
1. to take away him a bluff
2. to take away him on the showdown having shown the best combination.

im not sure that cheking with a full on flop is a bluff but i know what u mean :))...never thought it like a bluff :))..more like a sneaky way to win :))

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't possibly think your gonna win a Mtt without bluffing at all, u just need balance and betting the right amount to get away with it, don't always bluff the same person as eventually there gonna get tired of wondering and call you down. As said before don't go bluffing to hard in a freeroll , people will call u down with ace high every hand.

P

phil rodgers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
before I bluff, I like to show a couple of strong winning hands. after that, when the opportunity presents itself, the bluff is more often a success, particularly when the person you are running the bluff on has checked at least once. another spot where I will bluff is when using the stop-and-go strategy: after betting on the hand, and being called (and not raised), check the next card. if the same player just checks also, then, on the river, hit him with a sizable bluff. Just don't kill your stack.:cool:

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure that you bluff is very important at certain stages of the tournament leveraging thefts of blind where good be can reading your opponent's sometimes it's better to make a semi bluff, ideally, never show your cards so you don't see at the table and not create an image of the player bluffer

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard somewhere you should bluff about once an hour.

That may be a misquote or misunderstanding from the concept of only bluffing when the time on your watch aligns with the opportunity to bluff.
For example the bluff opportunity presents itself, but you only carry through with it if the time is between 30 and 42 after the hour. If not, let the hand go. This 12 minute span (where ever it is on the clock/watch) establishes a 20% bluff rate.

Roadie

Roadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad bluffer

I don't bluff very often but I only show if I want to throw off my opponent from his/her game.

M

MakeUcryalot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends where you are playing and what stakes. I play micro's and constantly bluff. I don't believe you can win a single tourney without making any bluffs, but don't make "air" bluffs, without even some amount of equity. The most important part of bluffing is playing in position, which is why hand charts tell you to tighten in late position and loosen up by the button. Having your opponent check call or bet before you is the most useful thing in the world when you're trying to convince them that you have a better hand than them. Lets say you raise 65s from the button with one caller and a flop of Ah 7c 3s and the villain checks to you. I'm doing a 33% pot raise on that every single time, because who's going to put money into a missed flop against aces. This only needs to work 1/3 times to be profitable so I will do it every single time depending on the board.

Now in a situation like above where the flop and turn is instead Ah Kh Th 6s with no bets and the river comes as a 2d, this would be a horrible time to bluff because it makes no sense. You need to represent what you know your opponent doesn't have using things like position, continuation bets and preflop range to determine the cards in their hands.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is important yo win a tourney.. or to be a good poker player.. because not all the time we get premium cards..
Bluffing on online is more dificult then live.... coz in live poker we can read some tells like nourvesness .. eyes reaction.. etc
Making a good bluff to bluff agains fewr oponents 1 or 2.. in late position that will help you to know what type of hand they have..
And if you know that oponent hit a top pair or poket pairs and board is giving a straight draw or flush draw then use it in your faver..
Dont bluff every second hand.. bluff only when its necessory..

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good bluff is difficult thing.You have to know style of your opp., good reading board and have understanding when you could do bluff and when not.Or it will be just fish playing or freeroll playng)))))))