My big FOLD - I'm learning how to fold preflop

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok this hand make me stop by a little. I think it could be a call or a fold as well easily, it was just unlucky that the table's chipleader had Aces.

So 4-way all-in.
I) If chipleader win, you are out.

II) The 3rd biggest stack had 47K, but to not to be eliminated you just had to beat the chipleader, who had 90K. So if you beated him, you could had 10+10=20K. And 20K is 33BB at that moment, if the blinds were 600/300.

III) If you beat the chipleader and the 3rd stack as well in this party but 4th stack beat you, 57K-30K=27K -> 27Kx3=81K you could have which is just 81K-57K=24K profit.

IV) If you beat chipleader, 3rd stack and 4 stack you could get 30K+48K+57K+57K=192K

So the 4 options were:
-- 0K and eliminated(-95BB)
-- 20K left you 33 BBs(-60BB)
-- 81K which is 24K(+38BB)
-- 192K which is 135K(+225BB)

I think fold here can be a great option, as the 2 most common thing that can happen is you down to 20K or up to 81K, which is not a huge win considering your level at risk. People mentioned QQ, it would be no brainer to fold for me, as KK only beaten by AA pre, but QQ are beaten by AA and KK and just have 55% against AK.

Well done, great fold. :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still struggle to learn when to throw my big hands. This is one of them, what do you think?
8911b01d9eec07d6b7f94fe120e61d94.png
14d5736ec35488db855963abc97400f3.png

Thank U 4 Posting

The key to the fold here is the HUD stats on the villain with AA. If you look at the other players HUD stats they indicate wider ranges but the villain with AA has HUD stats that scream AA.

What might be more important than the screen shot is the action prior to this. If the blinds are 300-600 and there were 2 raises in front of you and then you raised your raise should have been larger. So were you smooth calling 2 raises in position with KK?

Did the AA hand smooth call the AK then you raised then the AA over shove cold?

Those factors play apart in indicating that the nit had AA. You combine those actions with the HUD stats and you can fold there. You will not be right every time but it will be a very strong indicator of AA in the nits hand.

Hope this helps
:):)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm Learning How to Fold Preflop

Hello.
I have been caught up in those every so often. When several people go all-In. I can wait for the next hand, unless there are reasons not to.
Dan'O

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little advice if your cards are small in value, or of different colors, or even not connectors. It always folds

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold here as well. Since you are essentially calling 3 other all ins its usually safe to assume that at least one of them has AA. I think there are better spots to put your chips in for a tournament than this.

Dmondo

Dmondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone make a case to fold aces there?

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to admit to being extremely impressed with the OP's ability to fold K-K pre-flop. Even though I've done it before, it's not a very easy thing to do. Against one player, there is a tendency to say if he's got aces, then he's just got aces and make the call. Against multiple players, most people are going to find the opportunity to win a massive pot too tempting to resist. To feel that Spidey sense tingling and to actually listen to it takes more than a little discipline.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in that particular situation its ok given the stack sizes, but i don’t recommend fold KK preflop too often, since it can become exploitable. Though in this particular situation I’m ok with the fold preflop.

Folding in Poker