• Thread starter Running Nose II
  • Start date
B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all pairs have an advantage over AK in an all in situation but obviously not as strong in a cash game or when you are not short stacked, I'd prefer queens as I like not having to improve

D

doctor zver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK seems to me a little bit stronger than QQ If you hold QQ and come to the table A or K you will likely have to fold. When you're holding AK most flops do not pose a great danger and can show aggression

M

MaxMx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the Cash Game forum. In general the mods need to regulate and make sure MTT discussion is discussed in the Tournament subforum.

You're right, I missed that point, sorry for an off-top.

However, I believe the situation of QQ against two re-raises also falls into the current discussion, since it's exactly about a decision of QQ against potential AK.
So, assuming a cash table, would you call all-in re-raise with QQ in a 3-way pot?

P

penkov1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the best for me, even that is not guarante for success. 2 days ago at spin and go i had that pair and on the flop was AA.... and make 4 of kind. that was perfect finish .....

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm More happy to come when the QQ . Although AK is also very good premium hand.

J

JZarate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK vs QQ

It's tough to say, depending on the situation and the feel of the table, I would prefer to have QQ, but I won't be to comfortable calling a 4 bet.

M

MisterGutshot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's easily QQ for me. From what I remember, AKs is the fifth best starting hand from EV stats. Yes, it's behind JJ.

PacTa_Jha

PacTa_Jha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently, I think that sometimes, like garbage hand)))) I was all the time moving in with her. as if neither aces nor kings in the deck at all.and in the end I what a pair of 8 clean run.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate hate hate QQ with a passion is my nemesis has lost me more than any three starting hands together but

its the better hand here. So take that with what you will. I just get really badly beat in major times with QQ where I feel 10 10 for me is a much better hand or JJ lol

this is on ring and in tournaments but since this is a ring forum have to mention QQ has lost me more live money than any hand period a ton of money cant count times get outdrawn by lower pockets but tend to run QQ in ring into KK and AA way more than i should lol

D

Diesss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost a lot of money because of AKs. I would trust my life to QQ any given day.

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all pairs have an advantage over AK in an all in situation but obviously not as strong in a cash game or when you are not short stacked, I'd prefer queens as I like not having to improve

All pairs do have an advantage, but QQ,JJ or 10,10 have more playability because they also act as blockers to the straight draw.