Best ways to calm down

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially when I play good and end up losing to someone who plays bad and gets lucky, I gradully get so tilted that I end up making some bad decisions. What do you do to calm down and stick to your strategy when this happens in a tournament and you have to keep playing?

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Breathe! Take few min. break, just breathe and take a break... :)

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So even if you are in a tournament, you just sit out for a few minutes?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run you need to work on managing all that anger better. In the short run even in tournaments its often cheaper to sit out a few hands that make big tilted mistakes. So get up, walk around and breath deeply, until you have calmed yourself down.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focus on your success, make a list of your victories and highlight it, motivate yourself to succeed.
Don't forget about bonuses. After each successful session, pamper yourself with techniques (meditation, tea drinking, listening to your favorite music, etc.) that will allow you to relax without even drawing attention to yourself.
Eat right. Take vitamin supplements to combat fatigue.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good question, mostly i push the rest of my stack or wait for a coin flip

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I've been doing lately is turning off the computer and go play some videogame for a while, until I'm calmed again. If the videogame also stress me out, I just sit down to read a book.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to realise it's part of the game, I've often become really emotional & depressed or stressed myself cuz of bad luck, or stupid players etc..
But then I tell myself it's how this game works, the aspect of luck, variance is all part of it. If you don't want that then you shouldn't play poker at all, perhaps. Donkeys that will do stupid moves & get lucky, all that too, you gotta embrace it to keep on playing your best game.

Oh & there wouldn't be so much money to be made in poker if it weren't for the gambling & getting lucky aspect which is ofc, addicting too. I realise if poker was a game pure skill, no luck like chess for example, it wouldn't be so interesting or profitable.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to realise it's part of the game, I've often become really emotional & depressed or stressed myself cuz of bad luck, or stupid players etc..
But then I tell myself it's how this game works, the aspect of luck, variance is all part of it. If you don't want that then you shouldn't play poker at all, perhaps. Donkeys that will do stupid moves & get lucky, all that too, you gotta embrace it to keep on playing your best game.

Oh & there wouldn't be so much money to be made in poker if it weren't for the gambling & getting lucky aspect which is ofc, addicting too. I realise if poker was a game pure skill, no luck like chess for example, it wouldn't be so interesting or profitable.

Exactly. And we all get very lucky sometimes. I will try my best to leave anger out of this, play as smart as possible and keep improving

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually light a cigarette, and stay out a couple of hands, as long as I don't get AA hahaha
Luck is everyone's business, sometimes it touches us and another turns against us.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a card does not come to me in a tournament for a long time or for other reasons the stack does not grow, then I just say to myself - well, this is not my day and I should end up suffering.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Especially when I play good and end up losing to someone who plays bad and gets lucky, I gradully get so tilted that I end up making some bad decisions. What do you do to calm down and stick to your strategy when this happens in a tournament and you have to keep playing?

I use to be in that same category, then I realized that most of the time my emotions came into play, so i started working on that watched lots of vids, and had a revelations
poker is a 50/50 game unless its not the absolute nuts know when to fold or even if you're beat look at your stack never committee unless you cant be beat

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen relax music , smoke a cigarette and drink tea or something

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy

make "love" everyday and you will be more "relax" man...

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only VERY LOUD music helps...

Y

YR2311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's always been good music :)

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best way to calm down, don't play heads up poker... you will lose $1m getting it in good playing 10c stakes.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because It just sticks to winning. Let's be able to respect other great players even if it loses.

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

the best way is to take it easy

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing for serious stakes you have to be a professional & maintain your cool. If you are playing just for Fun then do whatever you feel. :rolleyes:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In these situations you have to remember that luck favors everyone from time to time even bad players. Understand that it was just the way that the cards fell, shake it off and get your head back in the game.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sleep is the best way to calm down, and if you are playing poker,make tea with honey.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play the les effected you will become. You should tilt less with experience. It’s not something that you can actively improve really.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all in the next five hands. It always helps.