Best starting bankroll?

T

TCashMoney19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have won $5.90 through freerolls on ACR , what should i try to get to before i play for real money? Do i need to keep freerolling?

Congrats on the binks! I play on ACR too under TCashMoney19, what's your username there?

For me, cash games were my bread and butter, so once I got around $10 from freerolls I took that right to the 2NL tables and just value bet fish to death. I ran up a $0 BR to around $300 over the summer, mostly from cash games with a few tournament binks here and there. It all depends on your preferred game type, tournaments tend to be much softer with bigger prize pools but a lot more variance. Cash games are tougher, but if you find a fish, then they're like your personal ATM. I would get your BR up to $10 at least and then take that to 2NL and grind it up from there...if you play TAG and don't get too involved against regulars and single out the fish, this is the best way to grind it up I've found. Or you could take that same $10 and go buy in the $.10 daily tournaments that ACR holds...you could win up to $18-20 if you make the FT and making the cash is not difficult at all if you play correctly.

Good luck with grinding it up, I'm in the same boat as you...working on freerolls :D

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the binks! I play on ACR too under TCashMoney19, what's your username there?

For me, cash games were my bread and butter, so once I got around $10 from freerolls I took that right to the 2NL tables and just value bet fish to death. I ran up a $0 BR to around $300 over the summer, mostly from cash games with a few tournament binks here and there. It all depends on your preferred game type, tournaments tend to be much softer with bigger prize pools but a lot more variance. Cash games are tougher, but if you find a fish, then they're like your personal ATM. I would get your BR up to $10 at least and then take that to 2NL and grind it up from there...if you play TAG and don't get too involved against regulars and single out the fish, this is the best way to grind it up I've found. Or you could take that same $10 and go buy in the $.10 daily tournaments that ACR holds...you could win up to $18-20 if you make the FT and making the cash is not difficult at all if you play correctly.

Good luck with grinding it up, I'm in the same boat as you...working on freerolls :D

Agree. ACR is good place to earn money from nothing. Even if I think I'm not a good player I see a lot of weak players there.

UJaseN

UJaseN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should take like a few hours or a day rest and then play in tournaments with low entry to get some money and keep growing your bankroll
Or my favourite is the Bounty tournaments where you can bust few people in the start and take your money for the entry back , then play tight and smart to go in the prices or maybe bust more people out :D

M

maloxu82

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't make a mistake like me. I won something around 30-35$ and started playing 1/2c on ps.

Couple bad beats&reads and now I have nothing so I'll suggest 40 buy-in for every game yo play ( for sng's I'd suggest at least 80-100 buy-ins.)

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play 2 cash games for 4$ and small mtt. 0.01/0.02 stakes are good to build your bankroll slowly though.

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends to some games well, in general, I think 20 $ 30 should suffice

thecpkid

thecpkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, i gambled and lost it all. ;( starting over with a challenge thread!

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5.90? best various is do deposit 50$ minimum :) and starting normal play

J

JohnMaverick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also look that way!

well i can tip u what worked for me. They sugest for me start at less whit 100 buy-in's, and play sng's single table (9 person) turbo to begin, so i search there and found a nice one, is U$ 1,00 Knockout, could grind there, a litle break even, some weeks profitable, and some weeks waste at begin because i was newbie ( already am :p, trying to learn more and pass my knowledge on here), so i make deposits to gather 100 buy ins (U$ 100,00) and start grind, was a nice run.

But u dont need start on U$ 1,00. Have U$ 0,50 too, u need like U$ 50,00 to start, or U$ 25,00 u already can play nice whit 50 buy-in's

My advice is for u keep playing freerolls till u gather more than U$ 25,00. So u can risk grind sng's 0,50 single tables, i dont recomend mtts sngs because the variance is higher than single table. Or u can go to cash games, what u prefer, like someone said here, somes cash games u can start whit U$ 0,40.

Make the best choice for u always whit discipline, bankroll controll, much study.
And GL on tables
:)

The higher the buy-in value, the higher your bankroll will have to be, the management of the bankroll is very important, it's always good to maintain a comfortable level in order to play quietly! (100 Buy-in is recommended)

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on your style and experience will depend on your limit, if you are playing freerolls is better to continue to keep their play. but enjoy a theory in order to understand in what you place and where you need to move!

P

Picykopata

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to play to feel how is the real game is ok, but if you want to play seriously deposit at least 50 buy-in because the variance kill all your short bankroll

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management