Best starting bankroll?

thecpkid

thecpkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have won $5.90 through freerolls on ACR , what should i try to get to before i play for real money? Do i need to keep freerolling?

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends do you want to play tournaments or cash games? Tournaments you will need a lot more buy ins due to the higher variance involved. Cash games you could start out with 25 by ins and probably be ok.

victoor_06

victoor_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't remember well but I think that I started play "Sit & Go $25 GTD - On Demand Buy-In $0.50" when I had like $5 - $7 but I just play sometimes, I'm not regular there. in this moment I have $15 in ACR

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a 6 dollar bankroll isnt enough to think that much about bankroll managment. just take some risk at the lowest buy in tournaments and sit and goes and try to increase your bankroll. good luck.

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you want to play your need to have 25 buy in , but if you want you can risk , and trying to play two 2.20$ MTT , and even you can go to cash to play with them.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have won $5.90 through freerolls on ACR , what should i try to get to before i play for real money? Do i need to keep freerolling?

Hi. Congrats on the freeroll hits! Do you care that much if you go busto? If losing the stake you built through freerolls doesn't bother you that much you might as well play some low entry ($.50) tournaments or play some 2nl (some table require only a min buy-in of $.40). If never going broke on ACR is your goal you probably need to keep grinding freerolls until you have quite a bit more.

Might as well play some real money, worst case you just have to grind it back up on freerolls.

L

lowscore23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A poke in the eye with a sharp stick is more pleasing than trying to win a freeroll. Having said that I wouldn't waste my own money on any poker site. At least when you get screwed over in a freeroll all you have lost is your time.

Gustavix320

Gustavix320

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i can tip u what worked for me. They sugest for me start at less whit 100 buy-in's, and play sng's single table (9 person) turbo to begin, so i search there and found a nice one, is U$ 1,00 Knockout, could grind there, a litle break even, some weeks profitable, and some weeks waste at begin because i was newbie ( already am :p, trying to learn more and pass my knowledge on here), so i make deposits to gather 100 buy ins (U$ 100,00) and start grind, was a nice run.

But u dont need start on U$ 1,00. Have U$ 0,50 too, u need like U$ 50,00 to start, or U$ 25,00 u already can play nice whit 50 buy-in's

My advice is for u keep playing freerolls till u gather more than U$ 25,00. So u can risk grind sng's 0,50 single tables, i dont recomend mtts sngs because the variance is higher than single table. Or u can go to cash games, what u prefer, like someone said here, somes cash games u can start whit U$ 0,40.

Make the best choice for u always whit discipline, bankroll controll, much study.
And GL on tables
:)

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on your skill level. For me, I would keep playing free rolls and start playing cash games. You can buy in on "short" tables for .40 cent. I'd be playing 1/2 cent and free rolls. I think on ACR if you cash in the CC free roll you get 2.00. Should be a quick way to increase you bankroll.

HumbleJack

HumbleJack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always played for the long haul never buying in with more than 10% of my bankroll for cash games, SNGs or MTTs.

D

disorder64

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

ACR has some really cheap guarantee tournaments. There are .10 (.11 w/entry fee), $100 guarantees that run pretty much every day, I think. Monday has some good micro entry tournaments, including a .50 (.55 w/entry fee), $1000 guarantee. Its not too difficult to get into the money, if only for a min cash. But its good experience in real money tournaments, and, a very easy step up from freerolls (similar play quality, etc). And if you pull in a final table here and there, your bankroll will grow fairly quickly (relative to what you have now).

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
start playing for money right away.

theres some $.11 MTT's and some $.55 as well

keep freerolling at the same time and be okay/prepared to bust with anything under 200 buyins.

I would not recommend the cash tables with such a small roll. Higher quality players on cash games vs MTT's, at least in my experience and usually minimum buy is $.40 to $.50, nearly a 1/10th of your roll.

thecpkid

thecpkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, I know the playpen is my most EV+ spot, but it feels like I'm never goin to get to a good enough spot w/ my roll to have enough bi's! Should i look into staking

S

STLPokerBum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, I know the playpen is my most EV+ spot, but it feels like I'm never goin to get to a good enough spot w/ my roll to have enough bi's! Should i look into staking

Grind hands, beat a game consistently. Bankroll Management must be done correctly from the jump otherwise you will not have the discipline to do it later.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started that way also. I like the 1-up sit n go to build my bankroll. As long as you finish in the top 50% you almost double your money. As long as you play good poker you should do fine.:D:D

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, well you have won, and of course you can try your luck in a tournament of micro entry for example of 0.11 cents are very good and participate by tickets to tournaments of good prizes

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing we can do with what you won in the ACR freeroll is try to play penny tournament and sit do not go by the ease as the tables cash

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the free roll profit! I'd continue to play free rolls and maybe the .10 + .01. MTTs.

Not sure you should play anything over that. But you could play the .50 on demand and try to fade variance and hit a score to increase your BR.

Good luck,

stoke

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my honest opinion, the best way to get good at poker (from my experience) is start just freerolling until you have like 2000 euro or if you can deposit it yourself. and then play the lowest stake cashgame and just find your game. after a while you'll be able to win in the long run and then you can steady build your bankroll from raceing the stake 1 more step.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to get it up to about 100 dollars or so before you start real money buy ins. Anything smaller you may blow through it pretty quickly and get discouraged long term.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
should you or should you not i up to you
as far as br requirments go:
-for cash its 40 buy ins so lets say for nl2 you need 80$
-for MTT it's 100 buy ins so 3$ buy in you need 300$

there are obv. more agro BR strategies but you need to be very sure about your skill... and luck =)

presonaly I would keep "freeing" till atleast 20$ if you wana go cash(willnot give you advice on MTT as I dont play them much)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

you could start grinding up pennies.

My rule is 100 brm to start but will play lower levels want to play 10-25 cent or higher if ring

yet i have played lower 01-02 02-05 05-10 10-25 etc.. all the way up higher.

5.90 is enough id grind up a bit or just play some tournaments that look easier cheaper depending on site etc... people time of play etc..

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Keep on playing those freerolls to build a bigger bankroll . Untill then you can play the 0.11$ tournament I guess only , they are easy if you are patient to play them , so you won't need 100 or 200 buyins . The 0.55$ sng is a bit expensive , if you get some more money , you can play it :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management