Best pre-flop raise size, and why?

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the size of my stack, more than 100bb x3, less than 100bb x2.5 50bb x2.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
rasie de 2,5x

Good morning everyone.
In my opinion 2.5x, it's an ok raise.
I watched some videos of players saying that at the beginning of a Mtt, with more than 100bb, you can or should make a raise higher than 4x or 5x, for the short time that I play poker, the strategy that I think is most correct of all that I read or heard, is to play small pots with weak hands and big pots with strong hands.
At the beginning of mtt I play any hand with a 2.5x raise, without getting too attached to hands like AA, KK or QQ.
I play micros and it is very common for several villains to call and AA, KK, QQ, when you don't hit the set you can lose to 2 pair, straight or flush.
In my opinion with 100bb, the ideal is a 2.5x raise and playing a 30bb pot with AA, with no set.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everyone! I have been having it all the time and regardless of which hand is 3bb, since I have not configured it to be 2.5x which I consider to be correct. It is also true that in microlimits they do not give much importance to the size of your OR, so I have been wondering if at the beginning it would be better to make them 4x for very strong hands, with the intention that the whole table does not call me and end up losing against any hand that completes a strong project. In intellipoker articles from many years ago when I started studying they talked about OR 4bb and 4x if there is a prior limp.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
2.05 to 3bb depending on the position + 1bb for each limper, post flop from 33 to 85% of the pot.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always wait for a flop..I've made a mistake more than once in March eg AA hand raise and nothing comes..that's why they say no bad kills before the flop

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I do a 3x raise at the start of the tournament then when the ante's kick in ill bring it down more until it gets high enough where I just do a 2x or 2.2x.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of the estructure of tournaments. But generally i rise 2,5x or 3x. For the limp its a goods raise or your bluff. But sometimes i raise more then 3x because is very cheap to your opponent pay and hit in the flop.