Best Poker Advice/Lesson You've Got

H

HenriqueBul1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking yesterday about what was the biggest key for me to become a lucrative poker player instead of just a fish.

Can you guys point out what was the one biggest advice/lesson that changed things for you?

Of course, we all become lucrative/better players with consistent study time, but if you had to pick that one small bit of information that made the most difference for you, what would it be?

Mine was a chat with a Brazilian pro poker player at the BSOP Millions in 2019, he told me that it doesn't matter how well I can read the table if I allow my opponents to read my patterns as well. It was a small and dumb thing but really opened my eyes back then

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Don't let yourself be passive, playing aggressively will help you take control of the hand right away. And then on the flop you will be able to continue your aggression (call-bet), and very often you will win the pot without further struggle.There is an essential key to success in the poker world - look for weaker players and play as many hands as possible with them. You can often hear phrases like “sweet table”, “profitable game”. It means. That there are a lot of weak players at the table - fish or recreational players, as they are also called.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
" Still waters run deep "

For me its important to have your own direction at the poker fields, giving yourself time and credit to improvement. Once you're at the tables, be able to put the best games what that table requires. And of course as a person, feel yourself great. This is a slow course, but can be enjoyable & profitable.
:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was thinking yesterday about what was the biggest key for me to become a lucrative poker player instead of just a fish.

Can you guys point out what was the one biggest advice/lesson that changed things for you?

Of course, we all become lucrative/better players with consistent study time, but if you had to pick that one small bit of information that made the most difference for you, what would it be?

Mine was a chat with a Brazilian pro poker player at the BSOP Millions in 2019, he told me that it doesn't matter how well I can read the table if I allow my opponents to read my patterns as well. It was a small and dumb thing but really opened my eyes back then
Hi.
The best advice I've received is to "be patient and don't play with junk." Maybe this advice looks rather banal, but thanks to this, I started to get good results :)

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
“A good player gas has his kind.” Muitas vezes brinquei thinking about my way out, but I think a process has helped to discover that how much more I studied, but “sort” it was.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One piece of advice is to be very calm at the tables, everything is in your mind. If you were strong in the head you will have great achievements in poker.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu has so much good advice that can be found on the net, I could quote almost all of it, but for now I would like to add only two that are significant to me:

"Be patient."

"Trust your first instinct."

These two say a lot.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Duude...

I was about to start a thread that kinda relates to yours.

My intention was to get some feedback from the community and now I find myself thinking on how to GIVE a feedback hehe.

I would say that maybe... Spend the most time you can around poker and mostly playing cause theory won't sink in without practice and by being around poker will bring you more questions so you can go and learn and try things out.

And many times theory may bring more confusion than enlighten (even more if English isn't your mother tongue).

Wish y'all the fattest pots.

TaNIAnT

TaNIAnT

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It was joke not to play poker🤣🤣🤣

For money I mean.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When I startd playing Poker, I busted my bankroll two times in a short period. This was the best lesson I got. It teached me to be patient, regard position play not so much hands and give a damn on luck.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being an observant player believes that it will help a lot, something other than those who play with valuable hands and know the right time to take risks.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Daniel Negreanu has so much good advice that can be found on the net, I could quote almost all of it, but for now I would like to add only two that are significant to me:

"Be patient."

"Trust your first instinct."

These two say a lot.
But what if your instinct dont let you to be patient :unsure:

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the main advice is to play on a bankroll and not tilt when there is a negative band!!!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
you have patience will come and your moment , the most important to be prepared when you come ... so get ready ahead of time

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
That will probably cost you a lot of money at the poker table
And probably it does not :unsure:
But then again maybe i actually want to lose that money (since the only funds i have been using in gambling for years now are from other gambling-related things so technically cause it's NOT my own money then i could easily set it on fire) ...

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read some things, but the most important thing for me has always been to keep my bank safe. starting from there at the tables you learn something more

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned after so many years playing poker that the psychology part of the game is the most important skill that you need to develop if you want to have success in poker.