Best free (or trial) training site for holdem

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you need a ticket to play those freerolls?

Any idea on why they got rid of those freerolls? Was dissapointed to see those go. Was a great way to learn the game online and practice using my HUD to make informed decisions.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Upswing doesnt offer a trial, but it is by far better then anything you get on the web for free.... There are some that are better, but for something thats affordable, and subscription base. I would have to say its hands down the best for the price.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of instructional material out there. So much so, that it can be difficult to separate the truly great info from the bad info. If I could answer this question I would be a millionaire. So, it is best to learn as much as you can so that you can get to the point where you are able to personally analyze and differentiate the "wheat from the chaff" so to speak.

Besides reading books from successful players (there are book references here at Cardschat), here are a few sites where I have found some great information:

Card Player Poker School - no longer being updated, but a lot of good material here
Poker Professor - this is really targeted for the beginner
Red Chip Training - some good free material here, but to see all of its content, there is a fee.
Splitsuit - some good free material here, but to see all of its content, there is a fee.
Advanced poker training - There is a poker training App here and there are tournaments as well. Some good free material here, but to see all of its content, there is a fee.
Upswing Poker - some really good free material here, but to see all of its content, there is a fee.

M

MrBalzter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Zion

Apparently most people don't know what a poker training site is.

PM me and I'll hook you up with a free pokerzion.com training account.

Hello,

I am looking for online training courses and came across this post. Would you be able to supply me with a training account.

Thank you.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you need a seperate site? I play on pokerstars and there is an option to play on free chips. So I think you can do the same thing on every poker site, most likely.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules