Beginnner's mistakes

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the biggest mistake you see beginners make in poker?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
2 things stand out for me. One they limp in with way too many hands and think when they hit a hand its stronger than it is. They love to try to trap aces.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was beginning in poker, I only used to play with the strength of my cards.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One they limp in with way too many hands and think when they hit a hand its stronger than it is. They love to try to trap aces.
You're right, lately I've been playing the CC freerolls with sunglasses on, the guys clean so much, the table shines.:cool::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I'd say it's a toss up between playing too many or too few hands...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They sitter limp and play too much out of position.

L

LaurenBacall2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
What is the biggest mistake you see beginners make in poker? roller baller
One of the biggest mistakes I often see beginners make in poker is playing too many hands. It's common for beginners to get excited about the game and want to be involved in as many hands as possible. However, playing too many hands can be a costly mistake.

In poker, the strength of your hand is crucial, and playing weak or mediocre hands consistently can lead to significant losses. Beginners often underestimate the importance of starting hand selection and the concept of hand strength. It's essential to understand which hands are worth playing and which ones should be folded.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A mistake a beginner makes is thinking they know poker.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think playing every hand ... whatever cards they have .. or relying on luck or something else .. what with time we all learn ..

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the fact that they start playing for money early!
there are many tournaments where you don't have to pay to participate, meaning you can learn to play poker risk-free

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing outside their comfort zone, They can win a bit of money in a freeroll and they think "Hey this is easy" Then they lose everything in a cash game or buy into a MTT that is outside their capabilities.
Playing in a Cash game is different from playing in Ring games or an MTT and they require different strategies, What works in one game does not always work in another, and until you can change your strategy and game-play to allow for that, then stick with what you know best.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
beginners play a lot of hands and I think they always go ahead calling all bets even without a pair in their hand thinking that their card is about to come and they will win and it's very difficult for them to fold like AQ AK AJ when the table is low and they continue to play and call all the streets thinking that their A will come right now and they will win:I CAN'T RYE:

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
seems like, all thread about me :). Btw, biggest mistake is - don't learn on mistakes you did, i know, it hard to accept the great "you" can mistake, but anyways it just my opinion.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most sports you run as fast as you can and hope to place first. I think the biggest mistake a beginner should watch out for is not sprinting out of the starting gates.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think here many chat participants are right, because of the large number of viewed hands, many new or simply inexperienced players have a problem - "weak kicker" !!!

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Clean a lot, call with a pair, hold high cards, flush

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limp too much and call any raise with suited cards.

mbermejo174

mbermejo174

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
not to be patient and bad calls by impulse

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My son's uncle-in-law brought something I never thought of: since you can't have a straight without a 5 or a Ten, he plays any pocket cards that includes them...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The biggest mistake beginners make is not having an account in the CardsChat community. And I say this absolutely seriously.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Playing big pots out of position. Calling too much. Folding too much. Not 3 betting or 4 betting enough. Over valuing their hand. Trying to bluff in bad spots.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A common and big mistake beginners make is shoving/calling all-in on the flop with no hand + flush draw.

I used to make this mistake myself and once upon a time thought it was a good play to cold-shove flopped flush draws.

Even if you have the nut draw, 2/3's you will not complete the flush...

To move all-in (calling all-in is even worse) when you have a high card hand and your draw misses 66% - is awful poker.

While there are (rare) situations where we do want to make this play, the frequency and willingness with which noobs do this is pretty laughable. :LOL:

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It is a big mistake for a beginner to think of himself as a great player.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
When a beginner has bad luck on tilt and starts playing haphazardly, this is the most notorious mistake.

Also, when a beginner wins, he automatically has a self-confidence that pushes him to make mistakes.