Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hi, I'm a beginner in poker
and I've studied a lot, I've played a lot
25-cent sit & go. I really did it from scratch
and only recently started studying the game.
a lot of effort I started to evolve and win some tournaments
I'm still not profitable but my chart is improving.

A topic about which there are many doubts and I don't find material
enough is about how to play with low and low pairs
in different situations, I know that there are thousands of variables
but I would like a north.
In what situation does it look like means are disposable, when is it a mistake
use them.

Thank you very much if someone can give me some tips.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Find your own way. A lot of the books, etc are too theoretical. You should learn pretty fast tho. Good luck!!

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn different strategies, take into account the psychological factor, train, and over time you will have your own style of play.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to handle rows and pairs of rows.
It's really a good idea.
It may take a year or more to find it, but find your own method.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi, I'm a beginner in poker
and I've studied a lot, I've played a lot
25-cent sit & go. I really did it from scratch
and only recently started studying the game.
a lot of effort I started to evolve and win some tournaments
I'm still not profitable but my chart is improving.

A topic about which there are many doubts and I don't find material
enough is about how to play with low and low pairs
in different situations, I know that there are thousands of variables
but I would like a north.
In what situation does it look like means are disposable, when is it a mistake
use them.

Thank you very much if someone can give me some tips.
Welcome to Cardschat! Congratulations on making the first step to becoming a better poker player.

You will soon find that a lot of answers start with "it depends" because there are so many variables in poker. It is very rare to see a good response that says "just do this".

For your particular question, it depends on:
Number of players at the table.
Your Position
Stack sizes (yours and your opponents)
If a tournament, are there any imminent payout implications

What I would recommend is joining a training site. Most offer a free membership where you can get some materials including some pre-flop charts. This is a good starting point as playing the right hands in the right positions (and folding the wrong hands) will make your decision making on later streets much easier.
Check out Pokercoaching.com and Raiseyouredge.com - these are probably two of the best for newer players to the game. I can recommend the Master The Fundamentals course on Pokercoaching as a great place to start.

Good luck in your poker journey!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With deep stacks small pairs (22-66) can be opened from mid position and later and sometimes also called as a setmine. And with shallow stacks they can often be open jammed or rejammed. The most tricky situation is an in between stack size, where we are to shallow to setmine, and to deep to get it in preflop. In those situations the best option is usually to just fold. Example: 5 players are left in a 9-man SnG, and stack sizes are as follow:

HJ 8BB
CO (Hero) 22BB
BTN 42BB
SB 20BB
BB 24BB

It folds to Hero, who look down at 44. If Hero open jam, he is not getting a good risk-reward, because stacks are to deep. If Hero raise small, he cant call a rejam from either player, and if someone just call, his hand play very poorly postflop. And for those reasons Heros best line of action is to simply fold and let the short stacked player in HJ face the blinds next.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With deep stacks small pairs (22-66) can be opened from mid position and later and sometimes also called as a setmine. And with shallow stacks they can often be open jammed or rejammed. The most tricky situation is an in between stack size, where we are to shallow to setmine, and to deep to get it in preflop. In those situations the best option is usually to just fold. Example: 5 players are left in a 9-man SnG, and stack sizes are as follow:

HJ 8BB
CO (Hero) 22BB
BTN 42BB
SB 20BB
BB 24BB

It folds to Hero, who look down at 44. If Hero open jam, he is not getting a good risk-reward, because stacks are to deep. If Hero raise small, he cant call a rejam from either player, and if someone just call, his hand play very poorly postflop with shallow stacks. Hero might not even have position, since the chip leader to his left could also call. So no action is profitable here, and Hero should just fold and move on to the next hand.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Keep in mind that with low pocket pairs & for beginning players in general Mr. Fold Button is your best friend.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally, i do not play low pairs like 6's and lower. So many times I have seen a beautiful set mine lose to another higher three of a kind.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

HJ 8BB
CO (Hero) 22BB
BTN 42BB
SB 20BB
BB 24BB

It folds to Hero, who look down at 44. If Hero open jam, he is not getting a good risk-reward, because stacks are to deep. If Hero raise small, he cant call a rejam from either player, and if someone just call, his hand play very poorly postflop. And for those reasons Heros best line of action is to simply fold and let the short stacked player in HJ face the blinds next.

Setmining is trying to get 3 of a kind .. if blinds are low and players behind you are passiv, it is a good option, as a set usually is good in the end, but you have to take care against raisers as always when you enter pot.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
good and welcome to cc mainly. I agree with Mat Burns that you could first visit pages that teach beginning players. It also seems to me that you should look for your own strategy and follow it at the top of the table! I wish you the best

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
visit : Pokercoaching.com and check them out. I think you will be very happy based on what you have said so far.