frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In your opinion what is the best way to begin to learn poker up to become a pro?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In your opinion what is the best way to begin to learn poker up to become a pro?
My opinion is you need to work your way up smartly and logically to get to be a pro. At will also depend on what you really want and willing to do to get there.

Start with a bankroll and follow strict bankroll guidelines. Dont move up until you can afford it. If you bankroll shrinks at some point be willing to drop down for a while.

Study study study. And then study more. Really, this game will change forever and you need to work on your game no mater where your are at any time.

Now If i today decided to become a pro how would i start. 1st I would see what I can afford to lose. Lets say its 2.5K. Not a lot but its a start. I would deposit $1,650.00 onto a site and would have 150 buy ins at 10+1 or 300 buy in at 5+0.50 tournaments to start. The other $850 would be for training. Where and how would depend on what I want but that funds would help me learn and grow for a while. Of course if you can afford more or would be able to add more money that would be an advantage but you dont want to start to high. It would be better to start conservatively until you really learn the game.

If me again I would try to have a bankroll of 200buy in if possible and try to find something in the lower side to start. Once my roll was up say 100 Buy ins I would take 1/2 and try a higher game. If I lost that amount i would go back to where I was and work on building it back up. If I droped 50 buy ins instead at 1st I would start to move down in stakes so my bankroll would be at 200 buy in again. The reason why would be to not go broke but learn to bead the game i am playing at this time.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
On tourneys practice become a master

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Oh! This is a good topic. It is really difficult to be a pro and certainly the vast majority will never achieve it if they have had an absolute will with good discipline and without losing their minds by plunging into the darkness of an irresponsible game. It seems to me that we should learn from all forms of Poker but dedicate ourselves to only one to become Pro and get good rewards for it! We must continue to fight with awareness and determination.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
long hours of studying and strict bankroll management ! many think a poker pro life is so much fun but it is way harder than a regular job and needs a mental of steel !

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First thing is to be aware that it should take minimum 6 months to become semi pro, with intense learning.
Fiding material is easy, but stick with theory, and mental, there are plenty of ways to play poker and still be winning, you'll have to discover your own way.
Bankroll is key to do not lay down. You should deposit one time, a one time redeposit is ok, but no more. If you do, you messed up somewhere.
Don't withdraw, all winnings should go to your bankroll, unless you feel that you won't be able to psychologically get the stake up, than put a minimum limit (for exemple, you reached nl25 with a br of 1000$, but you don't feel confortable playing nl50, then, put a limit of 1500 for exemple and when you reach 2500$ you can withdraw up to 1000$, at this point you can call yourselve semi pro, untill you feel confortable to climb to nl50).
You don't have to spend money on learning, specially at the beginning, you can read books, but don't follow them as if it's the way of achievment. Find people with whom you can discuss your plays, and if you don't and have money to spend, take a coach, but a good one. Read articles, work the maths, don't be lazy, it's not calculus, just division and multiplication, and some addition. You have to feel confortable with your decisions, if not, write it down, and review it later, winning or losing.
If you want to become pro for the money, it will take longer, because you will have to lose some, and it's painfull.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think you need to spend a lot of time if you have such time then perhaps you need to study on the Internet I think there are all available resources to become a better player further it all depends on your thinking and logic and yes psychology is also important