Becoming an Advanced Member

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See, now, if it was HU as in only (2) at the table this would be a shove because then we are up against a completely random hand. Not very often HU are both people holding PP, so 9's would be best very often. Being how this isn't HU as in only (2) people at the table it is NOT a completely random hand, but a hand worth betting w/people behind. So yes, I will play you HU.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See, now, if it was HU as in only (2) at the table this would be a shove because then we are up against a completely random hand. Not very often HU are both people holding PP, so 9's would be best very often. Being how this isn't HU as in only (2) people at the table it is NOT a completely random hand, but a hand worth betting w/people behind. So yes, I will play you HU.
Name stakes and site and game you want to play at. I will play any stakes or game once worth my time

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you see the point I made? I was trying to make a point. You think shoving w/ 9's here was an excellent pro level move, really?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you see the point I made? I was trying to make a point. You think shoving w/ 9's here was an excellent pro level move, really?

It's fine. It's like 15bb deep. I would make the same play. If you aren't getting it in here, you aren't getting it in often enough this shallow in tournaments

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is one. http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7242388
Everyone was saying well played. That is crap!

Looks fine to me but if you linked us to the actual CC thread my opinion might change depending on any reads/knowledge of villain that the poster may have included. Calling people idiots and terribad at the pokers because of their opinion on a particular hand seems much much dumber than the way the hand played out. Playing Marg HU seems like a pretty solid decision though. gl OP.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not the Hero or the Villain in this hand. This was a post from somebody else and everybody thought the Hero played it great, just got unlucky. That is crap. All-In w/ 9's, seriously, that's CRAP. Anybody who thinks shoving there is an idiot.
The hero in the hand raised to 440 the player holding TT raised to 1k the 2 players that had the hero covered in the small and big blind folded so his reraise allin was not really an allin the most he had at risk was an additional 2171 to the 440 he already put in if called so he was never really allin with all his chips at risk at any point in the hand so the argument you made about All-In w/ 9's, seriously, that's CRAP that is quoted above never even really happened. It is a complete straw man argument calling his play crap based on something he did not even do. I also agree that it would help as a couple other posters have suggested if you post a link to the original CC thread.

Last edited:
Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, I am not trying to be un-coachable or not teachable, I am trying to understand. I don’t have Flopzilla or any other software. Can you run an equity program and see what the numbers are 9’s vs. villain possible range? I just do not see this being at all +EV. Show me the numbers and show me how this is ever profitable? I want to see or know what the logic is behind someone thinking Hero’s shove is good. 15BB is at the line where this play may become an option, we aren’t 100% in the red zone here.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
…and this is just one example. Is Hero’s move the only option you all see, nothing else, this move was optimal? You see this as an ideal situation, best possible place to get more chips in?

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you must be a world class poker player then Delvuter? Rather than running people down why don't you try and post your advice around the forums?

I suppose you are a high roller player since you know it all, how many millions have you won over the years and how many thousands are you winning each day currently?

Did you miss this post

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
…and this is just one example. Is Hero’s move the only option you all see, nothing else, this move was optimal? You see this as an ideal situation, best possible place to get more chips in?

We ALL see this hand could have been played differently! What makes you think we don't?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it's 'Advanced Member' as in member of this forum, so yeah, your fears are correct, it does have to do with length of time and posting on here. It doesn't say 'Advanced Poker Player' or anything of that nature.

Just post, read the replies, and go from there. You'll find most is solid advice, some can be a bit misinformed but still trying to help, and others are just way off.

The fun thing is trying to figure out which is which!

Sometimes it's got to do with playstyle of the person giving advice.

As long as you find someone who is equally aggressive or has a similar playstyle you'll find the advice so much more helpful :)

Anyways wasn't to you really philthy just to everyone as a whole for some advice.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody said this hand could be played differently.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya know what, nevermind, you are all right pushing half your chips in with 9's is the way to go. Peace out.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After all, this is really a silly discussion. These labels are based on the number of posts, nothing more. You don't get any advantages, no one will think you are a better or worse player based on this.

And who could judge anyone skills based on posts? You know that one is a great poker player by his results, not by what he says about the game. A person could dominate deeply the theory of poker and be a mediocre player.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody said this hand could be played differently.

Really? you bitch about the way that hand was played then have the gall to say nobody said it could be played differently?

Young man, you got some learnin to do......

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG, now I am being sworn at, what is this Facebook? I don't appreciate being spoke to like that.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean whaaa? Think this supposed to be a semi professional forum. Yeah?

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nevermind again, calling off half yer chips w/ 9's and being rude are great ways to be, as you were.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean can we just ban him cause he's clearly just trolling at this point

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean whaaa? Think this supposed to be a semi professional forum. Yeah?

I mean what the **** are you talking about? Who exactly was swearing at you?

I'm starting to doubt that you are of legal age to play poker.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean it's ok for him to call others idiots right

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took that back and rephrased it. I also tried to clarify "being sworn at" as being rude. This is out of hand. How do I delete a thread?