Bankroll Managment

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The great challenge of our lives is to tame our impulse.
I know many cases like that, guys who conquer but do not know how to control the game or the previously defined plan.

Dmcbride98

Dmcbride98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Dmcbride98 and welcome to Cardschat. Sorry if I missed your introduction. This is a simple answer to your question. Drop down to a level where you can have some fun while you learn more about playing the game. You are stressing yourself out playing those high levels. Probably 90% of new players have to start at the bottom. Even if you have been playing 2, you should consider yourself a new player. I been playing 13-15 years, and I'm still asking questions. Slow down, take one step at a time, be positive by believing in yourself, and GL to you

Thanks! :)

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
мне нужно поработать над этим. моя проблема в том , что накопив небольшой банкролл я начинаю играть дорогие игры и теряю все( не хватает дисциплины

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always donk away my $$ as well. Just lose focus for a time and boom! My goal for 2017 is to apply a better bankroll management strategy.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean... it looks like you know your problem... so... I do not know how can anyone make you not play a swingy game were your roi would be ~3-10%.
+ I would consider that if you are a good player are micros does not mean you are good player in general most people playing 15+ games are good, they play with a plan and game BR for the swing
Any way good luck =)

Dmcbride98

Dmcbride98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No rake? Where do you play?! :joyman::joyman::joyman::joyman::joyman:

I gamble MMORPG gold, which I find is much easier to deposit/withdraw. Also, the skill level is much less than that on site I have used in the past, such as BetOnline.

Dmcbride98

Dmcbride98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The great challenge of our lives is to tame our impulse.
I know many cases like that, guys who conquer but do not know how to control the game or the previously defined plan.

Very well said.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are drink some alcohols beberages don´t play anything, in my case I loose a lot when mixed cards with alcohol and the poker is teaching me how to be patient and relaxing well to make some desicions when I play. In the case of the bankroll that was the main, I have some problems to keep it well, and now I try to put some limits easy to reach and them changing for other limits more difficult, its to keep me focuses and quit if I lose some important part of my bankroll. Sometimes is frustrating start again and start again many times.

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the same boat as you Daniel, learning lots on these forums and trying to improve my discipline. That's my biggest issue, I've played high stakes tourneys in my 2 years and after cashing some it makes it so hard to be happy cashing $20 from a $1 tourney. I'm trying to not think about the money anymore and just think about bankroll management.

Dmcbride98

Dmcbride98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are drink some alcohols beberages don´t play anything, in my case I loose a lot when mixed cards with alcohol and the poker is teaching me how to be patient and relaxing well to make some desicions when I play. In the case of the bankroll that was the main, I have some problems to keep it well, and now I try to put some limits easy to reach and them changing for other limits more difficult, its to keep me focuses and quit if I lose some important part of my bankroll. Sometimes is frustrating start again and start again many times.

Aw man, over the weekend I ran it up to 200$ from 20$ playing with a pretty tight management. Then a few buddies and I got into the fifth, and well, needless to say my 200$ seemed to have vanished... odd...

Dmcbride98

Dmcbride98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in the same boat as you Daniel, learning lots on these forums and trying to improve my discipline. That's my biggest issue, I've played high stakes tourneys in my 2 years and after cashing some it makes it so hard to be happy cashing $20 from a $1 tourney. I'm trying to not think about the money anymore and just think about bankroll management.

Completely agree! I get huge satisfaction from the big HU SNG scores usually, that grinding 50 cent/1$ ones isn't as pleasurable. But good point, maybe I should realize it's a marathon not a sprint.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management