Bankroll

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, I’ve read a fair bit about bank roll but I’m still a little torn, I am starting with $300 bank roll after purchasing poker co pilot, does anyone have any suggestions what micro stakes to jump into first ? Baring in mind this is my first shot at the real $$$ after doing months of study, any previous experiences shared would be fab, thanks ina france :D:cool:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a $300 bankroll you should be able to play in a .05/.10 if you are looking to start in cash games.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
start at 1/2 cents 2nl the lowest stake and move up to 5nl when your beating 2nl for a decent sample size would be my suggestion. Losing $300 at 10nl wont make you learn any quicker but you might find you move through 2nl and 5nl very quickly. And if not it's a much cheaper learning process. My sugesstion would also be 6 max and regular tables to begin with for cash games and concentrate on quality over quatity before trying to mass multi table 16 tales or something silly. And also download and look to using the latest version of either holdem manager or poker tracker both of which have a one month free trial.

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
If your question concerns tournaments, then in my opinion, you can play in the SnG or MTT tournaments with buy-in in the range of 1-2 dollars.
Good luck.

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
start at 1/2 cents 2nl the lowest stake and move up to 5nl when your beating 2nl for a decent sample size would be my suggestion. Losing $300 at 10nl wont make you learn any quicker but you might find you move through 2nl and 5nl very quickly. And if not it's a much cheaper learning process. My sugesstion would also be 6 max and regular tables to begin with for cash games and concentrate on quality over quatity before trying to mass multi table 16 tales or something silly. And also download and look to using the latest version of either holdem manager or poker tracker both of which have a one month free trial.

Ok I shall do that, what would you say is a decent sample size? Also I have a Mac so I’m gonna be using poker co pilot, i think it’ll be adiquite for my neeeds

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I shall do that, what would you say is a decent sample size? Also I have a Mac so I’m gonna be using poker co pilot, i think it’ll be adiquite for my neeeds

Just play a good bankroll strategy and just go from $100 and move up to 5nl when you have $150 and 10nl when you have $300.Then you have the other $200 in reserve if things go badly and just play a 30 buy in bankroll that way. So begin with 50 buy ins for the first level then you have a 10 buy in shot at each level on a 30 buy in strategy before you have to drop down again

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, I’ve read a fair bit about bank roll but I’m still a little torn, I am starting with $300 bank roll after purchasing poker co pilot, does anyone have any suggestions what micro stakes to jump into first ? Baring in mind this is my first shot at the real $$$ after doing months of study, any previous experiences shared would be fab, thanks ina France :D:cool:
i would start playing only 3 to 5 percent on my bankroll

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play cache of 0.5 to 0.10 cents tournaments at 0.50 cents that will suffice!good luck!

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

IMO with a 300 bankroll, the poster can effectively start at .02/.05, assuming of course he has a foundation of basic poker skills including most importantly starting hand requirements by position. From what I have seen, there are more micro nit grinders at .01/.02 then .02/.05. Counterintuitive but true.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management