Badbeats

c.heck

c.heck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
Sitout a cople of rounds. Find yourself a big chockolate to eat. Helps for me.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some tips to control tilt after several badbeats and many hours of play?
bankroll management is the only thing that really works and helps save your money and nerves. If you are a disciplined player and follow bankroll management, then no bad beats are not scary for you.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I see that the solution in those moments is not to play for some time and find the right time and hand to enter and good luck to everyone.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Bankroll management is the only thing that really works and helps save your money and nerves. If you are a disciplined player and follow bankroll management, then no bad beats are not scary for you.
Thank you very much, bankroll management is one of the main things I consider.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to get used to it, especially online, otherwise you'll freak out.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • accept that they're part of the game.
  • if you're on the receiving end most of the time, that means you're money is getting in good. which means means you're profiting in the long run. success in poker isn't determined on the result of one hand, it's the results of many hands over a large sample size. as long as you're making +ev decisions, you're going to win in the long run.
  • make sure it's an actual bad beat and not a cooler. look at the situation as a whole, not just the cards or the results. what if you lost with qq vs jj after villain shoved with 7 bbs preflop. yes, the loss is a bad beat in terms of preflop equity, but the situation is standard for a short stack. so, is there any reason to get upset over this loss?

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it came with practice and experience.

I'm far from being a competitive player since I haven't been playing much, got little time for it, haven't been putting much effort and money on poker.

And still get caught by tilt once in a while but way less than before.

But I've realized that there are days that I'm not in the best mood to play well and not only tilt may take me over but I may also make bad decisions so I choose not to play.

And from experience I've come to the conclusion that even when you have a favorable equity the cards may favor the underdog and that's simply how poker is.

There's also other strategies as some has been given by others here.

Wish y'all lots of fun at the felt.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Stop for a while, rest and don't try to recover quickly in Cash Game because the chance of going bad is huge, with a hot head there's asking to reset!:eek:✌️🖐

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Certainly! Tilt is a common challenge in poker, and it's important to learn how to manage it effectively. Here are some tips to help you control tilt after experiencing bad beats and long hours of play:
  1. Take a break
  2. Reflect on your emotions
  3. Review your play objectively
  4. Check the hand history of players who played badbet
  5. Practice proper bankroll management
  6. Seek support from fellow players
  7. Maintain a healthy lifestyle

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is to take a break to calm yourself down, maybe a couple of hours is enough, but sometimes is good a few days off poker.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, we are all saddened by such unpleasant moments, but we must not lose control. Losing control will cost much more. I just stop the game and go about my other business, no options.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If ur playing cash games and u know ur playing bad u should rest a bit because u gonna lose more money play when ur calm tou play again if ur playing tournaments try to listen to music or something u do to feel more confourtable again that helps me.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Good morning from argentina. Thank you very much everyone for your comments, they are very helpful.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this routine case, as the"bad beats", I wouldn't to advise anything... Because in these very the nasty occasions are all individually!
This means "help yourself!" That's it!

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would have to improve your understanding of the game so that you truly know what is a "bad beat". Then once bad beats really start bothering and you realize you can do something about them besides trying to avoid them by sitting out then you will learn to deal with them.

Easy example, I would play tourns and from middle position would get a baby pair with a caller or some crazy min raise with overs or I'm dominated and I would go along with it thinking "well, I had their A8s all the way until the river when they spiked that 8" losing the hand and being eliminated when I didn't have to play it.

Then I realized that baby pairs in certain spots are not worth playing especially against a big stack that doesn't care that will call you with overs and you're at best going to be a slight fav to win heads up or even worse, its an all-in multi way and that's a disaster for small pairs so anyway, I just toss it and learned to avoid the "bad beats" whenever I could.

Just keep playing and learning about the games, there are going to be "badbeats" but there are a lot and I mean a lot of situations where someone could have avoided a bad beat like avoid troubled hands or controlling the pot size and still do very well in a tourn or cash game by avoiding certain hands.

Like baby pairs in certain spots or the 2nd nut flush or the baby set that they lose with when the opponent flips over a bigger set, I mean there are so many hands out there that when you really get sick, I mean utterly sick of losing with then you'll realize how so many poker hand stories end that you won't even bother going down that road with the hands.

Its like knowing you're going to end up in a crash and can spot it a mile away. But that comes from knowledge of what to look out for and experiencing those bad beats with those hands. Even if someone tells you not to play them then there are still folks that end up playing them, lol. This is the only explanation I could come off up for someone that reads or watches educational poker vids on what to do and they still make the same mistakes lol, and its because they have the knowledge of what to avoid but not the experience of playing those hands.

Ok end of banter. Just play and try to enjoy yourself. Stop playing if it helps but thats not the real solution. Look for certain hands where you could actually avoid a "bad beat" and think about how you could avoid the trap hands or post hands because someone might be able to give you an alternative to your "bad beats" that you haven't considered.

GL

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you are unlucky in poker today just don't try to play this day just relax and spend your time doing other things and everything will be fine. There are days in poker that you just don't like the card and you'd better not play poker that day or play tournaments so that if you lose, you don't get very angry these days can take a lot of money