Bad Beat Perspectives

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Bad beats in poker are really a thing but sometimes the bad beat may not be as bad as we may have thought after analysis. Ashley Adams shares his thoughts on bad beats and how we might change our mindset when we think we have been wrongfully beaten by what we might consider a lesser hand.

Great read and a gentle reminder to those of us who feel so hard done by.

Bad Beat Lessons: What Poker Players Can Learn from Horse Racing

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, great read! I'll print that and hang it over my computer. Or maybe tear it into pieces next time, I get a bad beat ;-)

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Napoleon said something along these lines - I believe in luck, bad luck, and I plan accordingly. Napoleon could give us also other poker pointers... Like "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bad beats reminds me of a saying that goes somewhat like this. To those who have abundance , even more will be given. To those with little, even the little that they have will be taken away.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in general over long stretches the bad beat story puts itself into perspective. Sometimes it gets you, sometimes it gets the opponent. You've also been lucky yourself and landed a bad beat even though your opponent was still ahead on the turn. I think just accepting that it's part of the game should be the key.