• Start date
Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Avoid using auto-check or auto-check/fold, unless you are trying to trap. Players know it’s impossible to react that quickly to your turn and so when they see it react that fast they know you are most likely just trying to fold away the hand which can induce a bet, forcing you to autofold. Even if you hit a really bad flop, you could still turn runner-runner for a set at a minimum. So don’t give your opponents a reason to push you out of the hand if they don’t already have one.
On the other hand, if you do hit a big hand and you want to trap, instead of just checking, use auto-check. It may lull your opponents into thinking you are auto-check/folding and just might be the deciding factor in pulling off that trap.

I like this counter-intuitive thinking and betting line.

I have always found that it is a very fine line between trapping and being trapped.

Good luck !

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
when you're multi-tabling it's a useful tool, I use it all the time. It's not a reliable read at all because you have no way of knowing why that player used autocheck. In times gone by, it was a more useful read, but not so much these days the way the game has changed. People are much more tricky

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you're multi-tabling it's a useful tool, I use it all the time. It's not a reliable read at all because you have no way of knowing why that player used autocheck. In times gone by, it was a more useful read, but not so much these days the way the game has changed. People are much more tricky

Ru on the left or right? Right?... Cute grand-daughter. Left? How you doing ;)

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ru on the left or right? Right?... Cute grand-daughter. Left? How you doing ;)
Hey smkng ....my wife LOVED you for the compliment...how are you doing? bet you've had some frosty weather in Maine. We just moved 2 weeks ago from Houston back to the UK. Poker scene is a bit different here.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey smkng ....my wife LOVED you for the compliment...how are you doing? bet you've had some frosty weather in Maine. We just moved 2 weeks ago from Houston back to the UK. Poker scene is a bit different here.

Awesome :) Aim to please! Yeah, Maine is COLD, especially today. lol. I've been to many, probably most, countries in Europe. Haven't made the UK yet though. It's on the list. Big plus....you can play most any pokersite there. Enjoy, GL on the tables.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto Check/Fold

I will usually use auto check fold if im done with the hand. especially if im playing multiple tables. just saves time. I think people do assume sometimes that they can take it down with a bet if they see an auto check. Good thinking but i think dont over think it.

K

knp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is great advice, and you really should stick to it. I had same thought when I was watching some streams - pro always waiting with decision even using time bank with air.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Auto check

I dont check ever. So dont need to worry. Got to bet to win.:icon_thum

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not snap act quickly ever at the poker table especially online.

Folding in Poker