The Art Of Bluffing

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seldom bluff, but there is it is very useful. Usually my bluff goes after I win 2-3 hands in a row on opening of cards. After that, rivals believe that to me the strong card has again come. I very much love such moments in a game.
The most important I think, it isn't necessary to bluff often. Rivals will understand it and will catch. And then it will be very offensive.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To perform the correct bluff in poker, you need to create a good image at the table. If you have created a reputation for tight player, the opponents will play with you carefully (this does not apply autoresponders and maniacs). Most likely, they will throw my cards on your bluff if you do it right. The trick is to play the hands in the same manner as its previous winning hand.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an effective art when done correctly. Works best when you have a tight image at the table, when you do decide to take a stab with a dead hand most of the times the players would fold, this however is an art and shouldnt be done without thinking about position and players action. Ive said this because although you might have a tight image and decide to bluff at a pot out of position or not considering the actions of the players before you, someone might call you on your bluff so table dynamics are a significant factor when looking to bluff.

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It must have a very good interpretation of the hand to know when to act with a bluff. The opponent can have good cards, but a good read even the right bet, can generate that distrust in your opponent to give up.

N

nuzzar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it a good idea to bluff a bluffer?

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The art of lying in poker usually I pienzo that I have the best hand and in function of that I bet to bluff but over time I meet people who do crazy or they are very crazy and that type of people are dangerous for the buff With which it starts buff in a less continuous way

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
use a bluff works but also nice to use the same betting wgen ur oldin the nuts , when they see this they will not know what you are holding rather they think you got it

ritmos

ritmos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like bluff. Use it time to time.
But: "You should avoid using bluff too often." - say poker strategy.
Although there are benefits to getting caught bluffing, players whose bluffs get called too frequently risk seeing their bankrolls disintegrate!

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never though I could do a post with so many comments, I appreciate everyone who spend some time to say your opinion.

I still think bluff is an art, and Im still learning where can I bluff. Thank you very much to all ! :D

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is not art. Bluff is math.

If a guy is opening 60% of the hands on the button and c-bets 100% of the flop, he's obviously bluffing a lot, creating prime spots to re-bluff.

A tight man opens UTG for 4x (he does this just 6% of the time), you call the BB (you're defending 27% of the hands here), flop comes 5s6s7h, which range connects better to the flop? Obvsly BB, that defends way wider than the UTG opens, this is generally leads to great bluffing spots if a heart comes, if an 8 comes, a 4 comes, a 9...

The "art" aspect of the bluff really is: what are the hands that are best hands to bluff with? And then, we're learning poker...

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer the last question, yeah bluffing is essential imo. If you never bluff, how can you expect your value bets to get paid off? Tho as to when and where to bluff, yeah I'm also still learning about that ;)

Just one thing I keep in mind before I even try a bluff, ask yourself if the story you're telling makes sense. Because if it doesn't your opponent is most likely to look you up if he has anything at all.

Tulipaneiro

Tulipaneiro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluff is not art. Bluff is math.

If a guy is opening 60% of the hands on the button and c-bets 100% of the flop, he's obviously bluffing a lot, creating prime spots to re-bluff.

A tight man opens UTG for 4x (he does this just 6% of the time), you call the BB (you're defending 27% of the hands here), flop comes 5s6s7h, which range connects better to the flop? Obvsly BB, that defends way wider than the UTG opens, this is generally leads to great bluffing spots if a heart comes, if an 8 comes, a 4 comes, a 9...

The "art" aspect of the bluff really is: what are the hands that are best hands to bluff with? And then, we're learning poker...

No mate. Bluff=risk

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me bluffing is something to build on from table image. I fold, fold and fold. Then I get a feel for the table and I will bluff from any position and see if the table has noticed my sudden raise after folding every hand. Sometimes bluffing is just a c-bet after raising pre-flop. I usually don't try to truly bluff but have outa to a draw or have a feel for the table. Bluffing is an artform and takes some skill and some balls. Of course getting caught just makes you look like a donkey

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you learn to play well, and then, as entertainment, and if you want to master the bluff !!!

P

PocketCards81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If bluffing is a form of art then I'm the opposite of Leonardo DaVinci. The exact reason why I love playing poker online. I can't bluff to save my life and every time I try the opponent can read me well. I can tell by the way they handle themselves.

I remember one time I was trying to play it cool that I had a heck of a good hand and everyone folded so I couldn't enhance the pot. I'm getting there. At least my strategy is A-okay online while wearing my favorite slippers.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello in case the bluff / bluff is very important if you are running short of chips you have to know which hands to do and you have to know against which opponent to do it, I recommend you do it when you have a good stack, or against someone who This close to your same stack so it will be more feasible to do it and that works well in your favor. But I hope luck in the tables.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluffing in poker is an art, and involves much more than simply putting all your chips in the middle of the table to intimidate your opponents and expect them to give up on your hands. The bluff can not appear out of nowhere, it needs to be carefully planned.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The art of bluffing is a part of your position, stack, the other agressor or sometimes timing. I read good habitually and thats help me a lot for bluffing.