Has anyone ever folded KK preflop?

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man I hate to Folding KK on Pre flop but why not call AA loses a lot of times .

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold KK and even AA pre flop daily in bubble situations but apart from that I am in agreement with a few others that it’s almost impossible to fold pre flop early and mid stage of a tournament and cash games.

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In satellites where the first ones receive the same prize, I think it is quite standard to run away even with AA being short and close to the bubble.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is a very interesting subject, i am just wondering here if anyone has ever folded KK preflop, and the situation that you were in to do that. I have heard pros discuss this topic before and would like to hear your views. On a buble situation i can understand but from my POV i cant fold it if not in that position.
As far as I can remember, I never give up, but I have lost and left tournaments several times, there is something called "itchy fingers" and I don't miss the opportunity, I most of the time go all in

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you find me at the table, know that I will never fold KK !!:kh4::ks4:

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I've ever folded that hand, I'd have to be pretty crazy to do that, no matter what I find myself with AA, it's a cooler, but I can't fold KK.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
In a satellite I have folded it I will fold AA preflop in a satellite if the situation calls for it.
In a normal mtt I won't fold it preflop, even if my opponent tells me they have AA I am still going broke preflop. If on bubble I might play it passively and pot control.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I felt like it several times, but I never succeeded because it's the top of the range after all.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In sattys i've folded it several times .No need to accumulate more chips if you can easily make it thru the bubble .

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Probably never folded pre flop remember folding in a satellite tournament i was in second position and the guy with all the chips shove all in in tickets tournament.
I dont think is good to fold kings preflop almost always you are winning and when your oponnent have aces nothing u can do

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did this sometimes when I'm pretty sure they have aces or in satellites when you don't need to play anymore to win the ticket

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've given up many times, mainly on satellites/bubbles, but I've also fallen in love too many other times and ended up getting involved in an action that I shouldn't have. However, most of the time I'm willing to risk everything with it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Folding kings pre flop is not a winning pratice over all. I have only once done it. I knew this player so well after paying with her over the years and she never raised much at all. This day she 4 bet me and I tanked for a while before finally folding them face up. Yes she showed the aces.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding kings pre flop is not a winning pratice over all. I have only once done it. I knew this player so well after paying with her over the years and she never raised much at all. This day she 4 bet me and I tanked for a while before finally folding them face up. Yes she showed the aces.
Good move. It's true ussally poket kings is a no fold hand but I have lost to many time sto count on losing with poket pairs going all in pre-flop and even if we don't go all in. After the flop O will only go all in if my pair actually hits but even then beware of the straight or the flush. gl

billzaao

billzaao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Depends of your position, but in general, i pay to see

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I guess it really depands of the stake you are playing....since i mostly play micro and freeroll i never ever fold kings even once to be honnest.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and I would do it again, sometimes you can lose even if you have that wonderful pair (KK) and if you're in a tournament with a good amount of cheeps just waiting for for somebody else to get KO and then you will get your ticket price is better not to take the risk

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I honestly can't remember, I did fold a lot of good hands due to either being close to bubble or like 3+ players already going all in or raising a lot before me. But most of the time I just go all in with them If not much action before me

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes I folded that pair a few times because I didn't want to compromise my stack but many times I went after the flop (which contained an ace or two) stubbornly to death 😋

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I folded only on the flop or turn, never preflop because these are chips

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I did once, when I got a reraise all in with a guy that didn't play too much, I had a bad feeling so I folded, someone else called and I saw he had AA

P

panama0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
when several players to final table, i always folded KK

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Shit happens. The main thing is to read the situation)

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dropped when he wanted to enter the prizes.

Folding in Poker