Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually I call easily even in a threewaypot (because I play at a very interesting limit with equally interesting players :D:D), if we are only talking about preflop. As an exception, I can "cite" the bubble, when I firmly decided to sit out until ITM.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Classic bubble hand. If you're low on chips, you get it to get out of the game against an Ax combo.
Of course, I already threw it away, precisely because of the above.
Just for reference: In the last two weeks, I haven't had any AA, only a couple of KK, of which maybe one was profitable.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
On the back of good tournaments, I also dropped AA. But it is reliable. After all, very often you can lose even 27 with KK and AA.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation. I have folded AA in freeroll satellites when the bubble was close. You also need to know when to fold ‘em.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Once, I thought I had a good read on the villain as we had been at the same cash table for almost 2 hrs. I raised with KK 4 blinds and he immediately shoved. I had seen him play pocket AA twice and that gave me pause. I folded and he showed me his A2o!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi is depends of the position, the stack and if the play is in the bubble, is an option because you can lose with someone that should have Ax. But usually is not option to fold.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes when near the button and wanted to finish ITM with a tight aggressive player

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
it happened))) when I lost with any card many times in a row))) it's very frustrating =\

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already folded KK a few times pre flop, and all those times I folded there were 3 players in the hand and always one of them had AA, but they were regular players so I folded if they were recreational I would call without a doubt, you have to observe the way they opponents play to find out whether you will fold your KK or not

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I dropped KK once before going to the flop, it was before the prizes in an expensive tournament. And that's right, because I was pushed all in off my ace by a lady, there were no kings on the board, I would have lost if I hadn't dropped it. I think the KK hand is too overrated and should be dropped a lot more often than you think...

G

gitchline74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
This is a very interesting subject, i am just wondering here if anyone has ever folded KK preflop, and the situation that you were in to do that. I have heard pros discuss this topic before and would like to hear your views. On a buble situation i can understand but from my POV i cant fold it if not in that position.
No, i cant remember ever doing that. Unless in spin and go when in BB

:kh4::kh4: :cool::love:

G

gitchline74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
I have even folded A/A in certain circumstances, Short on chips, 2 away from the money bubble and up against the biggest stack in the game, Sure I folded, and as 2 other players were already all-in I was not going to gamble on a coin toss with 3 players.
I was able to see the flop, turn and River and I was right to fold as the chip leader took both players out and I would have been just another casualty, I not only made the money I also laddered up gaining more money on the way and almost made the Final Table.
You are not forced into playing any hand that is dealt to you, and I dictate when I go all-in not any other player, You have to rely on your instincts, and if the timing does not feel right, just Fold!
I once folded an A/ 7o hand that would have lost against an A/K hand, and when I made a remark to another player, he was dumbfounded why I had folded an Ace Saying " I would never fold an Ace" and I replied "I know that's why you are the short stack, and I have plenty" You don't play every hand with an Ace in it just because it is the best card in the deck, Poker is more than playing the 2 cards you are dealt, there is a lot more to it and choosing the right time to Call, Raise or Fold, is very important when you want to win.
That is why I always say I don't have a favourite hand, because any 2 cards can win, and any 2 cards can lose. a phrase I heard recently is "Raise with the best, Call to invest, and Fold all the rest" and it is very true, something I have practised when playing Poker, but you have to choose the right moment to do it!
So ever klever words:D

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I'm about to burst the bubble to win a high value ticket or prize, knowing that there is someone at the table where I am or at other tables that are going to fall, in this case I have already folded AA pre-flop. But in extremely specific cases!:unsure::rolleyes:

G

gitchline74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
"Raise with the best, Call to invest, and Fold all the rest" , hope its okay i stole it from you Pokerpoet2?
Its nice words.:D

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't exactly remember i i'm sure i don't like this hand so usually i play it carefully, on early stages of tournament the most.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened to me the most on the bubble of Double or Nothings.

It feels funny folding them but if you are in 2nd and there are multiple short stacks- you do not have anything to gain and you have the most to lose.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I will never fold nor will I fold kk before the flop

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. I folded several times. When i know my opponent, for example, goes all-in only with AA :p

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have folded a pair of KK not only in the bubble but also starting a big tournament, it happens that sometimes you are in a $200 buy-in tournament and it turns out that your first hand is a pair of KK, another one before you goes all in in the first hand of the tournament, I think the chances of losing both the hand and the tournament are higher compared to what you are going to win, sometimes it is better to be patient and fold and come back later. With the flop on the table revealed it is another story, but you still have to be very careful, I have already lost KK against A2, terrible :( . Regards.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course :) , when is to obvios you dont have to be stobborn :)

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've folded with AA preflop when I was on the tournament bubble and villain had double the chips

Folding in Poker