Anyone ever considered hiring a Poker Coach?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, that to hire a coach - is an effective way to improve your game. The coach can identify weaknesses and provide accurate and professional advice, that will be useful at the poker tables. But before that, you need to clarify for themselves - which financial result can the coach bring to you?

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that getting better in the game requires a lot of study and if you really want how proficiency you have invest and improve performance.

RakeFace

RakeFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fastest way to improve is invest in coaching. No way around the fact.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Software junky

Isn't there software available that does a good job coaching?

Z

zacspeed

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How does a coach actually help?
I play live as well as on line but I really want to improve my live game.

I cant see that a coach can help unless they are helping me in real time. Otherwise the videos and forums such as this provide decent general input.

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never paid a coach, but if I participated in one when my brother hired one, he invited me to go online and I really learned many things, it is called pokerexito, nowadays it is considered to be scammers, but my opinion in relation to that part is great, never cheated my brother, paid what he had to pay and nothing else, we learned new things and provided study material

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a recreation player and I think that here at CC we have everything to improve in poker but pay a coach is not a good idea for me because I'm a recreation player and coachs in my oppinion are for players who want to be PRO and dream to win big tourneys with considered amount of money.

Last edited:
V

veritas86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be afraid to invest in good coaching or a course. I've used coaching, online training sites, and online courses. Never regretted a penny I've spent. I play live mixed games and coaching has really helped me tweak my game from time to time. Study on your own, but use a coach to help identify weaknesses in your game/thought process. It pays for itself.

Who did you use as your live mixed game coach? I'm looking for a coach to help with badeucey, badacey, stud, stud8 and other games. I primarily play live in Los Angeles.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have considered this and decided there is too much I need to work on myself that I am aware of, before I need to pay someone else to point out stuff I haven't noticed yet. But that's me.

If you have researched it already and would like a coach I believe that its a great idea and if you get the right person he/she will help, tremendously.

Years ago an ex coworker used one, he was/is a much better player than I, and studies the game diligently. So I figure if he gets great value from it it's worthwhile.

When I eventually do this I will use the trial versions of as many poker coaching sites till I find a coach and approach I prefer.

Good luck with your choices!

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No interest in a poker coach.I mean if they were good enough to coach then wouldn't they be winning a heck of a lot and be famous enough that they wouldn't have time to coach.Or for that matter even want to coach anyone else in his/her style.

Have you ever seen Tiger Woods golf coach? He's a terrible golfer. Jared Tendler, The author of the Mental game of poker. Didn't even know how to play poker. Have you ever heard the saying. "Those who can't do... teach." There are many more examples.

The point was they don't have to have results to be a great coach.

"Famous" poker players have more time than you think. Most of them have a great balance of poker, and social life.

To the point of "Or for that matter even want to coach anyone else in his/her style." If it's valuable to them to coach then yes they absolutely will.

They are not cheap, but the investment is worth it in the long run.

Think about it, if you're consistently losing.. that money could be used for coaching instead of deposits.

I have had a "famous" player as a coach. They are also a friend and fellow poker player. The information and lessons are invaluable, the hardest part is applying the information.

Having the knowledge and using the knowledge are two different things.

Splitpot88

Splitpot88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that reviewing hand histories, reading articles and reviewing strategies would be just as valuable and cheaper.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who did you use as your live mixed game coach? I'm looking for a coach to help with badeucey, badacey, stud, stud8 and other games. I primarily play live in Los Angeles.

Chris Vitch (DeathDonkey on 2+2)

Primarily the draw games that run on KingsClub (Badacey, Badeucey, 2-7, A-5, Badugi)

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Careful your coaches aren't losing players with revenues in MTT circuits. Blue fire poker was pretty good.

J

Jobulan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I am new here and i would like to ask an opinion if anyone can help me.
I played poker for more than 5 years but i never made profit on big stakes ,for example i like to play zoom 6 max and i am ok on nl2and nl5 but after nl10 i never made profit on long term and i apply many strategies that i leaned online.
So i heard about Bpc and Gordon Geko .Did anyone paid his coaching course?Can anyone share his experience with him?
Many thanks!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a had a few coaches, and they were really across the board. 2 I really liked and can still talk to when I have a question and the other 2 just wanted to work as little as possible and they only cared about getting the fee.