Anyone else read and study?

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm reading winnign Low Limit HOld'em. Very good book. BUt I have yet a lot of books to read. lol. But honestly, instead of book, you gotta have keen sense and be adept to environment. practice makes perfect but books will kinda speed that up but it won't boost your skills right away.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you have to keep in mind: If you are playing at micro stakes, much of the strategy in books may not work, due to the donk factor! I read Gus Hansen's book "Every Hand Revealed" and shortly after blew my whole bankroll before I realized "hey, maybe I should forget playing like Gus!"

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you have to keep in mind: If you are playing at micro stakes, much of the strategy in books may not work, due to the donk factor! I read Gus Hansen's book "Every Hand Revealed" and shortly after blew my whole bankroll before I realized "hey, maybe I should forget playing like Gus!"
Yeah Gus plays very loose and pays almost no attention to postion,he is able to do that cause he has great hand reading skils and a great understanding of the math behind it.
For a beginer thou playing a lot OOP will just cost u money so i would rather read books that recament a tight in postion game if your just starting out.

RoyalFish

RoyalFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ain't that the truth!!!!

I'd love to see a solid mathematical analysis on microlimit play vs. donks. My gut feeling is that besides adjusting for more people in the hand, it probably just boosts variance. Still, I'm sure optimal play at 200nl is different from 2nl is different from play money is different from playing facebook (hands down THE most god-awful play you'll ever see).

RF

S

santa fe slim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend Phil Gordon's three volume set. The little green, blue and black books. Three volumes may sound like a lot but all are short, easy reads.

Doyle's Supersystem is a classic, but I prefer Gordon.