Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
so, I will not get tired of repeating that I am a fish, and literally bad in everything, even in such a simple tactic as pushorfold, if someone has any advice I will be ready to listen. and yes, I watched the ranges on the gto wizard, I'm learning slowly

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi,

Not sure if somebody already referred you to it but CardsChat prepared their own 30 day course for beginners. It's a great one and I learned a lot from it.

It also includes a section on push/fold ranges.

Find the whole course here:

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As with everything in poker, it takes time. You need to study, play, review and study some more.

Poker is an education. You didn't learn to read after picking up your first ABC book, or learn algebra in your first high school maths class.

Invest in yourself and your game. Spend time (and maybe some money) finding the resources that are going to help your game. The 30 day course is a great starting point and will cost you nothing. I see you called yourself a fish, so maybe you should work your way through the whole course instead of jumping straight to push/fold. Make notes ask questions in the forum, provide your answers to other people's questions and you will grow from a fish into a shark over time.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn about position and when to act and how that will affect your bets. You need to understand this before starting hands. Before you even enter a hand.

Then learn starting hands by table seat position, ie utg/early, middle, etc. Then UNDERSTAND why you can play certain hands in that seat but not in other seats and again, WHY.

Then learn about pot control.

Then what to do on the flop.

Then what to do on the river.

Shove fold stuff is for shortstacks at a table or folks trying to simplify things when they probably should be trying to learn other important skills that will take them a lot further then trying to memorize a chart of when to shove or fold. Just look above as I even put them in order, lol of things to look at about.

As Matt said, it takes time, most successful poker players didn't turn on a computer or read a book or studied GTO and instantly figured it all out.

And don't worry about your skill level. Take it slow and try to enjoy the games. Interest in games will usually motivate people to help them learn and do other things to help themselves along the learning journey.

GL

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, I will not get tired of repeating that I am a fish, and literally bad in everything, even in such a simple tactic as pushorfold, if someone has any advice I will be ready to listen. and yes, I watched the ranges on the gto wizard, I'm learning slowly
I use this strategy when I have 10bb or <10 bb in tournaments. I hope this could help you. Good luck! 🙂

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can practice shove(Push)for free - SnapShove or ..

Best Poker Software for 2023 (Free Tools Included)​

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It might sound like, push-fold poker is a very simple thing, which should be easy to learn. But while its relatively easy to learn the most basic things and get your strategy somewhat right, its actually very complicated to play it perfectly. Which is why, there are still players, who are able to grind out a small ROI in turbo or hyperturbo SnGs. I have spend quite some time working with ICMizer, but every time, I import a batch of hands, it still find errors in my game. And a big part of the reason for that is, that ranges change not only with position and previous action but also with stack size distribution and the number players left. And if you play different games, they change with the payout structure as well.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In eight posts this thread epitomises how CardsChat is such an amazing community and an internet oasis. ❤️

I push! :D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
This strategy sure helps to push certain individuals out of the tournament. Usually this works well enough in cardchat games :unsure:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To illustrate, why push-fold poker is more complicated, than people often think, this is a hand from todays session, where ICMizer say, I made a mistake. The game is a 9-man KO SnG, and with 4 players left we are on the bubble. The short stack moves all-in, and now action is on me with A9 offsuit. If I get involved and bust CO, we are in the money, and I win his bounty (25% of the buyin). But if I lose, I am the new short stack and likely to bubble. And there is also a risk, someone behind comes along as well, which in the worst case could see me bubbling.

The easy part here is, that I am never calling, when its for more than 30% of my stack. So my options are down to push or fold, which would also be the case, if CO had folded. I also think, most people would have no problems figuring out what to do with AK or AQ. Those hands are easy, because they are at the top of our range. But what about A9, and what is my entire range here? This is where, its not so easy, and a simple "raise first in" chart can not help, since there is prior action. I will reveal my decision and the result later, but for the mean-time I encourage OP and others to write the range, they think, I should be giving action with here. And as a bonus question also write the range, I should be jamming, if CO had folded.

pokerstars, $4.54 + $0.46 - Hold'em No Limit - 80/160 (20 ante) - 4 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

KitKat_Mmm (UTG): 768 (5 bb)
Fundiver199 (BU): 1,767 (11 bb)
rodicampos (SB): 3,279 (20 bb)
Electro$un (BB): 7,686 (48 bb)

Pre-Flop: (320) Hero (Fundiver199) is BTN with 9♦ A♥
KitKat_Mmm (UTG) raises to 748 (all-in), Fundiver199 (BU)?

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use this strategy when I have 10bb or <10 bb in tournaments. I hope this could help you. Good luck! 🙂
I know quite a lot about pushorfold, including this, the question was all sorts of small hints, for example, remembering the range from sb to bb is very easy, if you threw everything out, you just stuff almost two of any (conditionally). but it’s more difficult to clearly remember the range, for example, with utg + 2. thanks everyone for the tips i appreciate it

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The best thing that can be for you is our free course. Don't ignore it, give it your attention :)

Folding in Poker