My anger at poker

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to restrain emotions in poker, especially during bad beats, but this is human nature, unwillingness to put up with defeat is not a bad trait.

S

Spikey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I for sure get angry at times, and i also know when to get the f... away from keyboard if i get angry hahaha.

What i do if i get a cooler, well i take a cooler away from keyboard, doing some gardening cooking or whatever until my thinking is back to i played fine i just got unlucky then i can go back. If i made a mistake sometimes i will have to wait until next day as i will be HULK hahaha.

Something else that also helps, is play at stakes that is way under your bankroll management setup, loosing a buyin 1% of my bankroll or a 5% for sure gives different kinds of green with my HULK:):)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anger and EV and low key games.

If your expectations are ITM or win every hand when playing poker, it will turn one into an angry person; nobody wins every time; even the pros lose.

If you go to a poker session with lowered expectations, the outcome will not be as anger-prone. If you go in, thinking, 'it'd be nice to win, let's shuffle and play poker and have some laughs', then, if you have some laughs, play decently, and take your mind off the problems of the day, that's anger reducing, what you want.
That's advice for low-key, home game stuff, what I am familiar with.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe that anger belongs at the poker table . . . Every time you are on the losing end of a bad beat you should be thinking of all those times that you were on the winning end of a bad beat . . . Losing to a bad beat happens to everyone. I think the majority of us were taught at a very early age to never be a sore loser and if we allow anger to guide us in poker we will not be able to live up to our teachings . . .

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anger can be good at the table but not when it steers you to making bad decisions. Having emotional reactions to poker is not a bad thing... I mean it's part of why we all play right?

Gotta just own it and maneuver around your weaknesses as best you can.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know if you are playing freerolls, cash tables, or MTT;s when your anger erupts but you still need to remember 1 thing, it;s just a game. Had an old timer explain it to me when I was young and letting a lot of stuff bother me. He told me I worried way too much. He said I should stop a minute and think about what was bothering me, then he said think about how many other people are worrying about my things. Hell nobody else was letting it bother them so why the hell was I so bothered if nobody else cared? Not much bothers me any more! I do still get a little pissed off when some bingo player beats my pocket K's when I flop a set and yes it's always on the river but I need to remember they are their chips and they can do with them as they please whether they paid for the chips or not. I get over it very quickly and try to make them pay. In the words of the old timer, "life is too short to take it serious!".:D:D

veneca77

veneca77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when there are unusual bad bets, he loses with 3 cards in the deck and comes out to the villain My anger at poker :D jajajajjaja

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is one of the main things that stop me from being the true sucessful poker player that i could be . i have the skills but i can not control my emotions and often do not quit when i should

but that is a very important part of being a poker player

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
this is one of the main things that stop me from being the true sucessful poker player that i could be . i have the skills but i can not control my emotions and often do not quit when i should

Sometimes it is okay to express that anger though. It is never wrong to act like Rage Monster.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excuse me, man, but the way you paint things, poker is more difficult than I thought. I think my time has come to retire or I will definitely go crazy:angel:

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most annoying thing for me is catching a bluff on the flop but losing a card on the river. In particular, tournaments that I can't win even though I can win at 80% or 90% are junk games.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Getting Angry during any form of gambling is very dangerous to your wallet, the emotions you are feeling, make you feel frustration and leads to making bigger mistakes, like throwing your Laptop across the room or smashing your keyboard against the wall.
Even Professional Players can get this wrong, I remember watching a steamer on "Twitch" Benjamin Spragg (Spraggy), punching his monitor live on-line, when he lost an all-in against someone, So not only did he lose the game, he also lost the money he had to pay out for a new monitor.
Bad Beats and Suck-outs happen in Poker, It is the nature of the game. No one likes to have his Pocket Aces cracked by a pair of Eights, but it happens, (Phil Helmutt Vs Tom Dwan) If you can control your Anger and accept defeat gracefully, you can sit down to the very next game and win.
If Anger takes over, then quit Poker for a while until you feel more relaxed, there is no profit in throwing your money away, or your Toys out of the crib. Poker is a game, and should be played for the enjoyment it gives you, the "Fish and Donks" will always be there no matter how good a player you might be, and sometimes they win, Accept it and you can enjoy the game more.

When the fun Stops STOP!
(Simple)

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play mostly free tournaments, satellites (I rarely play Sit & Go and very rarely cash games). But while I am merging into paid tournaments, even if I managed to pass the satellites, I lose in the final tournament, I don’t know if this is a variance.
I just give up the game of poker for a while - because anger will do nothing.
It's just that poker is a game, nothing more.

Random1609

Random1609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, you need to stay with a cool head. Positive emotions and even more negative ones can greatly affect the game for the worse.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is more mental then most believe, there is a reason why the pros are so un-emotional whether they win or lose, it really is the best trick you can learn to be so cool and calm under pressure.

If you never play out of your limits then you should be fine.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anger management is the solution to all our problems :D getting angry just lead you to an unhappy life, try to becool and learn to live happy even if the circunstances want to take you down to the ground. Enjoy, we only live once. Regards.

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It exists and of course at the beginning of my inisiación in poker, I had to suffer and change some things that I broke, the usefulness or rage are totally understandable, but after time when we learn and build our mental game, we accept and reduce it. Those moments of frustration, to turn them into a weapon to win in the long term, will always be present, only that we are going to say them in a calmer way, rage against poker is only a moment of frustration that with study and understanding, Those moments will come but we will live and accept them in a more passive way, in the long term and mental control, patience, perseverance, we will know how to cope, it should not affect us if we can build a way to take those emotions to another level. ,life goes on. , this is the game,

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
During the game, you need to stay calm most of the time because some anger can affect the game for the worse!!!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Emotions make the rational part stop working almost completely, therefore if you feel that you cannot control it at that moment, it is best to end the session, since what we want is to make money, right?
Luckily every day I work on it a little more and I think that the time will come when I do not have to resort to this, since I do not stop trying to understand how my mind works more and more, In the end you have to be honest with one And I think that what I take the worst is to lose many hands in the same day against a fish, since when I win one with a better hand and play it the right way, it doesn't bother me at all. What makes my GOD LEVEL ego activate is what I consider injustices, especially those that are associated with recreational ones. So what's up? Well, the cause of my anger is in certain beliefs, wrong beliefs and that is the root of the problem.
Beliefs are shown as value judgments about the other person or about something that they do that I do not consent to. The idea about that person and what he does is an assumption of mine, and also a personal assessment that most likely is not true, which does not matter because the important thing is only to realize my way of thinking, and how not to I tolerate what I see. And I don't tolerate it because I just think it's wrong, and that's the only problem, mistakenly considering something to be wrong without really knowing what totally acceptable motive drives each person to do what they do. It is any value judgment that has to be disintegrated.

It is the opinion of a quasi fish beginner trying to stop being one.

Thank you for always being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

I highly recommend reading "On Anger" by Seneca. :cool:

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I anger all the times I don't take that extra breath and see the situation one more time... ��

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Meditation helps to take complete control of emotions. Meditation is the best way to a calm, healthy and balanced life. By meditating daily for 15-20 minutes, each player can significantly improve their concentration and their results accordingly.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
beat emotions is very hard at poker. If ive got problem with negattive emotions i just close my eyes, and im counting from 1 to 10. and work with breath, slowly and long.

Good idea is go out and take some fresh air.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to keep only one thought in your head all the money in poker comes from the fish. And for this you need to be grateful)

Emotions make the rational part stop working almost completely, therefore if you feel that you cannot control it at that moment, it is best to end the session, since what we want is to make money, right?
Luckily every day I work on it a little more and I think that the time will come when I do not have to resort to this, since I do not stop trying to understand how my mind works more and more, In the end you have to be honest with one And I think that what I take the worst is to lose many hands in the same day against a fish, since when I win one with a better hand and play it the right way, it doesn't bother me at all. What makes my GOD LEVEL ego activate is what I consider injustices, especially those that are associated with recreational ones. So what's up? Well, the cause of my anger is in certain beliefs, wrong beliefs and that is the root of the problem.
Beliefs are shown as value judgments about the other person or about something that they do that I do not consent to. The idea about that person and what he does is an assumption of mine, and also a personal assessment that most likely is not true, which does not matter because the important thing is only to realize my way of thinking, and how not to I tolerate what I see. And I don't tolerate it because I just think it's wrong, and that's the only problem, mistakenly considering something to be wrong without really knowing what totally acceptable motive drives each person to do what they do. It is any value judgment that has to be disintegrated.

It is the opinion of a quasi fish beginner trying to stop being one.

Thank you for always being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you think about it a lot.You need to think about the game and not about what others are doing at the table.It is necessary to improve the quality of the game with this experience will come and this feeling of an eternal cripple will disappear.There are many ways to cope with these problems-just take a deep breath and continue playing your game-because everyone has their own game.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my anger at poker is still the same, always making the same mistakes....I fight, I try to fight it, but it's amazing, when I think I've overcome it, it makes a mistake....I make it again