Always "all-in" preflop with pocket AA's?

dadsrus

dadsrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ideally you want to see a flop with opponents with other premium hands.

So given your reads, position, and game status/blind levels, bet whatever it takes to clear the field down to big pocket pairs or AK junkies.

Form my experience in lesser games like a $10-$30 BI, maybe 5x in pos.

In a "real game" or most deep ITM games, Id play them like any other playable hand and treat them no better than any PP.

If that TAG player UTG shoves post flop following the TK3 rainbow, I drop that shit like a cheating girlfriend.

:D
well said

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc I'm not saying always shove and GII. Im saying that I will bet them if I feel im still ahead vs villains range and what is present. I won't slow play em.

F

Fanch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of variables imo. One thing I suggest considering is pot size in relation to BBs in your stack. if there's 2 limpers, and 2 BB in pot , and you have 75 BBs, a shove is sort of overkill unless you're fairly sure you will get a call. Best wishes!

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a perfect world the flop pot should be heads up and contain no less than 1/4 of the lowest stacked players chips in the hand. Allowing for all in by the turn to be profitable over the long term without regard fot board texture. Realistically this can only happen with very small stacks or with a raise and a reraise. If the flop pot is more than 1/4 the smaller stack, you have to play poker but up to 1/6 stack sized flop pot is usually worth a stack if you think your opponent would stack off with top pair. The deeper your stacks are related the pot after the flop the more carefully you need to play your AA.

K

kwhilborn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only instance I have folded AA on purpose is when I saw 6 people go all-in at my table in a tournament I wanted to stay in. AA is a lot weaker against 6 hands.
(a flush won. I would have lost).
I try to avoid all-in calls until my stack is bigger than theirs.

However...

Why always all-in pre-flop as OP suggests?

Especially in early position where people consider your entry more serious, an all-in hand is often folded to at a tight table.

Why not limp in with the aces against a few opponents and hope one of them hits a lower pair. In such cases you often wind up with 1/3 or more of their pot. It is called slow playing bullets, and it can bite your butt when the player gets a set of 2's by the river.