all in on nut flush draw

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always best to try so see a freebie. But if you felt like you could push this player around or you knew he was a gambler than this move would pay off. I guess it just depends on how well you know the players that you are up against.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over betting especially shoving when not really a short stack only puts doubt in the villains mind about your storyline. Got hurt a number of times :(

Mechanic44

Mechanic44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
correct play would be folding draw is there are B.I.G bets, but i moustlikely try semibluf aswell. =/

K

kmichaels

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a bad move becouse you have a huge stack.. If you had a short stack thats fine, but with a huge stack there is no need to risk all your chips and a possible tournament win. Next time remember it

O

oooo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just like nomadnative said on this thread https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/a-2-5-suited-how-strong-213546/
The only real value this hand has is the flush draw. Which only gives you about 3% equity pre-flop. A vs. A will be dominated, any other like gapped cards have more straights they can hit, and the chance of flopping two pair is the same as any one opponent without a pair. Pre-flop equity sucks and reverse implied odds if you hit a pair of aces sucks.

You will make a flush by the river only once out of 16 times!!! So...whatever you are calling, you have to make "15 x the call" just to break even. This usually only possible against multiple players or a hyper aggressive with a deep stack. Also; you will probably flop the draw, not the flush, so calling more than a 1/3 pot size bet without implied odds is a losing play. This is the situation you will most likely face!
That is pure and sad reality! I know that suited hands look pretty, but the fact that they are suited, only makes them 2% better.

Full Flush Poker