All-in

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I was thinking that many people plays all-in so many times.
I was wondering if this is right or is better goes all-in only with very very good hands.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was wondering if this is right or is better goes all-in only with very very good hands.

There are several reasons to use the All-in bet, first of all When you are short on chips and need a double up to get a more secure spot in the game, but it is the last hand you might be playing, So be careful when you make that move.
Secondly if you have a large chip stack and someone on a lower stack shoves all-in you might want to isolate that player from the rest of the table, especially if you have a huge pocket pair,
Thirdly you might finish on the River with a busted draw and the only way to win is to bluff at the pot, but it is very dangerous if the other player has the "Nuts" and a bigger stack.
But the important thing to remember is "Position on the Table" if you have too many players behind you left to act, you might get calls from players with better hands.
Some players especially in freerolls go all-in because they cannot play short stack Poker, and the only way they can win is to get a huge stack early on and then try to boss other players around. I have lost count of how many times I see huge stacked players lose everything trying to lord it over the table and the phrase "Hero to Zero" always comes to mind.
Finally they call it a "coin toss" for a reason, and that is any two cards can win and any two cards can lose. I have seen 7/2 suited beat pocket Aces by hitting a flush or a straight, and even if you have two players both shoving with A/A there is no Guarantee that it will be a split pot as one could hit 4 suited cards and win with a flush.
Good Luck!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course you only need to play with strong hands, those who play with weak hands will always lose a couple of times, but it doesn't always work that way, they're amateurs who just come in to play poker and lose quickly and go do other things I call these players that way

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whether it is right or wrong basically depends on the situation, how many or few stacks there are, how the dynamics of the table are, whether the tournament is turbo or hyper turbo (because everyone will soon be short stack here).
There are people who play maniacally at the table, but this is not unreasonably typical at higher stakes.

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Whether it is right or wrong basically depends on the situation, how many or few stacks there are, how the dynamics of the table are, whether the tournament is turbo or hyper turbo (because everyone will soon be short stack here).
There are people who play maniacally at the table, but this is not unreasonably typical at higher stakes.
That is what i say, the play all-in too much. Thank for comment

There are several reasons to use the All-in bet, first of all When you are short on chips and need a double up to get a more secure spot in the game, but it is the last hand you might be playing, So be careful when you make that move.
Secondly if you have a large chip stack and someone on a lower stack shoves all-in you might want to isolate that player from the rest of the table, especially if you have a huge pocket pair,
Thirdly you might finish on the River with a busted draw and the only way to win is to bluff at the pot, but it is very dangerous if the other player has the "Nuts" and a bigger stack.
But the important thing to remember is "Position on the Table" if you have too many players behind you left to act, you might get calls from players with better hands.
Some players especially in Freerolls go all-in because they cannot play short stack Poker, and the only way they can win is to get a huge stack early on and then try to boss other players around. I have lost count of how many times I see huge stacked players lose everything trying to lord it over the table and the phrase "Hero to Zero" always comes to mind.
Finally they call it a "coin toss" for a reason, and that is any two cards can win and any two cards can lose. I have seen 7/2 suited beat pocket Aces by hitting a flush or a straight, and even if you have two players both shoving with A/A there is no Guarantee that it will be a split pot as one could hit 4 suited cards and win with a flush.
Good Luck!
Yes you are right. I think we need to play with the flop, because we can loose againts everyone

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello compatriot
In truth, the all-in game does not give you the security of winning the hand even with AA.
But there are certain situations that you cannot escape the allin play.
It depends a lot on the tournament, the position you are in, the hands that you prefer to go all-in before your opponent hits something on the flop.
Preflop allin play is a very interesting weapon if you know how to use it.
Today you have to be very careful with the limp players that you will find a lot in freerolls or in microlimits.
These many players even limp with AA from early position, you should spot them and take notes on them.
It is a play that they make highly dangerous, but one that can pay off. I think his policy is to hide the big hand from now on, and take it as one more hand, that if he completes the nuts it is a very powerful hand, but it can also have a high cost.
My regards, brother
I'm Carlos and I'm from Bahia Blanca Province of Buenos Aires:):):):)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i go all in if i notice that my opponent has a good hand that he/she most likely wont let go especially if there is already a lot in the pot (and i am holding the better hand)

or if i have 20BB or less i am starting to consider going all in if needed . but i often wait too and dont go all in until i have like 3-4 BB even lol

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
hello compatriot
In truth, the all-in game does not give you the security of winning the hand even with AA.
But there are certain situations that you cannot escape the allin play.
It depends a lot on the tournament, the position you are in, the hands that you prefer to go all-in before your opponent hits something on the flop.
Preflop allin play is a very interesting weapon if you know how to use it.
Today you have to be very careful with the limp players that you will find a lot in freerolls or in microlimits.
These many players even limp with AA from early position, you should spot them and take notes on them.
It is a play that they make highly dangerous, but one that can pay off. I think his policy is to hide the big hand from now on, and take it as one more hand, that if he completes the nuts it is a very powerful hand, but it can also have a high cost.
My regards, brother
I'm Carlos and I'm from Bahia Blanca Province of Buenos Aires:):):):)
Thank for sharing your toughts. I think you think good about the game, stay in that way.

i go all in if i notice that my opponent has a good hand that he/she most likely wont let go especially if there is already a lot in the pot (and i am holding the better hand)

or if i have 20BB or less i am starting to consider going all in if needed . but i often wait too and dont go all in until i have like 3-4 BB even lol
With low stack is recommended goes allin with a good hand, you can hit a good pot.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It depends on the type of tournaments you play. If it's big field freerolls, it's normal that the frequency of all in is important because you have to take risk in order to ensure ITM.

Before going all in, you have to take into consideration your position, your stack, the profile of your opponents, the strength of your cards, the number of players remaining before ITM...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes not always a good hand means a victory, many flyers, recreational, clueless, go all in and manage with a weak hand, win.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop push-fold situations are an important part of tournament strategy, especially if you play any kind of turbo or hyperturbo formats. You can learn more about it in day 13 of the free CC course.

If you are looking for poker with more postflop action, then play MTTs with regular speed blinds or even better cash games. In cash games the starting stack is typically around 100BB, and then preflop all-in situations are much more rare.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in is a tactic, it can be used when you have the nuts, or when you are bluffing and think your opponent has a weak hand. Any case, its a tactic and should be thought of one of many ways to win hands.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Depends on your goals. If you want to try your luck, you can go all-in every time. If you want to develop your skills then you better refrain from playing with garbage :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Essentially, the question you need to be asking yourself (and you should do this with every hand you play) is "what is the optimum play"?

Shoving AA preflop 100bb+ deep is absolutely a profitable play. So why do the pro's not shove AA all the time? Because that is not maximising the power of your hand.

If you shove 100bb, what is the most likely outcome? Everyone folds and you increase your stack to 101.5bb. Not really an impressive result from the strongest starting hand in holdem.

Better to make a standard raise and build the pot more slowing. Even raising to 2.5x and getting one caller and taking it down on the flop means you've more than doubled what you won, while risking a 40th of your chips.

As you get shorter the number of hands you can shove begins to widen. For example shoving hands like J7s or T9o becomes the optimum play when you're 10bb deep on the BTN if there are no ICM implications.

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Usually when others have low chips and im like x6 ++ their chips i will all in. You have the power and you need to use it

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what type of tournaments do you play, but in freerolls there are more all ins than in other tournaments. But depends of the situation, an all in move is the best play.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It depends on the situation. For example, if you are at the button and have some calls in a very passive table, its moderately safe to all in the gain some free blinds, but ifbyou play first you shouldnt consider it even with a premium hand.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes you just don't have a choice and you have to go all-in, hoping for at least a coin flip outcome.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in preflop is a bad strategy because better hands will call and worse hands will fold