All about hud

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, I need help about my hud. i cant seem to maximize it. for e.g

Ok a guy with high VP IP and PFR. I can widen my 3bet range with this type of player right?

About the steal. I can mostly steal for tight players right? I should not even try stealing on a LAG player. "only do it with hand"

Who's to Cbet? Should I Cbet high VPIP players? Or just those with low VPIP?

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the VP$IP and PFR stats should generally give you an idea what sort of hands the villains will play. yes, you can generally widen your 3-bet range against a looser player, but you should still beware if they play back at you. look at their other stats, if you have a decent hand sample - "fold to 3-bet" and "4-bet" more specifically.

about stealing - you can look a tthe "Folds big blind to steal" (and small blind) stat. some people think they should defend their blinds way too often, even if they normally play a tight game. this will give you a much better indication of what to expect than the VP$IP stat.

c-betting is also not really connected to VP$IP or PFR - and there are stats about post-flop play as well. "fold to c-bet" will definitely be useful (and there are more related stats if you look carefully).

look around, there are some threads with descriptions of what people have pud on their HUDs (i would definitely recommend one by ChuckTs where he talks about cash games), those should be of help, and simply think about what the stats mean - someone who is 70/3 is probably trying to limp in just about every pot, but is only raising his very premium hands preflop. this still doesn't say anything about his postflop tendencies or how often he will call you down with any 2 cards...