AK vs KK

SlyVII

SlyVII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your opinion on these hands? Is AK more likely to win because of the chance to land the ace is higher than the king holding?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your opinion on these hands? Is AK more likely to win because of the chance to land the ace is higher than the king holding?

No, for AK to win it needs another ace and no K to appear. For KK to win he needs any of the other 46 cards to appear (not counting the small chance of a straight)

KK vs AKs = 65.33% vs 33.75%

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
use a hand calculator and you'll see kk is better odds than ak. keep checking different pairs to see at what point will it truly be a flip

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
39d13b86240540222dcbe80592b751e9.png

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like a pair down.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kings would be better odd wise. You are only bluffing with AA. Unless you spike one that is.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, KK is more likely to win preflop. But AK has a chance at a distance.
In yesterday’s tournament of our community, I lost with an AA hand against AK preflop with allin. And such cases are not uncommon.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The dilemma that this is created by this situation, when a player holding AK runs into a player holding KK or even AA, shows why it's never a bad play to simply call a three or four-bet, pre-flop, with AK, which is, let's remember, not a made hand but simply a hand with great potential, and potential can be a very dangerous thing.

ProIluminati

ProIluminati

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly think that KK is a better hand than AK since you start with the possibilities in your favor at least until the flop I would prefer more KK or AA than AK Greetings to all give it like if you think the same

SlyVII

SlyVII

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Much thanks for the input, greatly helped me a ton

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pick me a 50/50 chance. If the flop hits this time with QC losing in 99% of the cases, if the flop is unassociated and the card can be low, then QC wins in 99% of cases

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is an easy hand for me to loose the most of my stack with preflop. I am now cautiously aggressive with that hand now.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest statistically KK is ahead of course but in reality i see that ACE on the board all day, so pre-flop allin is not the best option in my opinion. Id rather play cautiously and play aggressively after the flop and hop no ace shows up and put pressure on it.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK poor, suffer a lot, but win once in a while!

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always lose with KK even against random hands far worse than AK. It's just my luck, I know, but I hate that hand. Actually, I've just been felted by K4 off suite, two fours came on the flop lol.

Gloria_Legenda

Gloria_Legenda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If against me KK I lose all the time, I think I would choose the KK pocket pair is always strongly)

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You only have three outs to win the hand. Not very good odds.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont like both hands, KK is better live, but online it is coin flip

E

Elisondjp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK Has a higher chance of turning A

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a strong hand on the preflop, but this is not a ready-made combination. AK on the preflop loses to pocket pairs, but wins against other cards.Therefore, I prefer a pocket pair KK.

Last edited:
M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are heads up, you have an edge on AK with pocket 3s...

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You hit A 18% of times on the flop and 30% up to river, definely, no AK is no better than KK.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I love holding both of these hands anytime I get them. Of course KK is a much better holding, but they are both very strong hands. KK is better than AK because of many reasons, it is already a made hand, and a very strong one at that. AK has to hit a board to be any good, that being said if you happen to that 1/3 chance to hit a Ace then AK is almost unbeatable against KK. After you hit a A the odds of binking a one outter with the KK in said spot are extremely thin, under 5%. I would rather hold KK in any spot against AK though, not having to hit to win is a very nice spot to be in, holding 2 K when against AK is an even nicer spot, just pray for no ace because when it hits KK is almost dead.