AK top hand what I am doing wrong

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AK first of all you should do 5bb raise(not 3bb) to make your opponents fold with such hands as QJ,AJ,KQ and so on, otherwise you will have lots of problems on flop.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is very difficult to fold AK,Also when is flopnot so good ,I also give all my chip for AK,No matter I Winn or lose....

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AK first of all you should do 5bb raise(not 3bb) to make your opponents fold with such hands as QJ,AJ,KQ and so on, otherwise you will have lots of problems on flop.
Why do you want your opponent fold hands like AQ and KQ when you have AK? You do realize you're a favorite to win this hand having your opponent drawing to only 3 outs. Your equity is huge when you have AK vs AQ/KQ. The only exception is QJ that has slightly more equity than AQ/KQ vs AK, but that's because it has 6 outs to pair up instead of just 3. Even so, AK is still a favorite over QJ and wins most of the time.

You don't make any money or get chips to build a bigger stack in MTTs if you're trying to force players to fold their weaker that you completely dominate.

S

suricato35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And make that a bet pattern and let everyone know when u have AK? I don't think so. U should just raise it the same sizing u would with any other hand

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the 4th strongest hand behind AA, KK, QQ. Remember you only flop a flush .873% of the time so that is less than 1% you are to flop a flush. Granted AKs is a very strong hand, but as my friend advises me remember AKs is ONLY ace high unless the board helps you. If you are last to act I would almost always fire a c-bet. If you are in 1st position & a flop of j109 comes then I would definitely check because that board is very wet & hits a lot of their range. I realize it's almost impossible to play in position always, but playing in position versus others is so so so strong & many people undervalue the strength of positioning.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't count the A-somethings I have folded. And most of the time I get to see the flop and may even get to see it to the river, and if I had played my A-something I would have lost. Maybe it's just me, but I can't win with those hands, while other players can win with any Ace. That what happens to my AK AQ. I get beat with A4. Now don't get me wrong, I do play those hands. I just don't play them every time I get them.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands