AK

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this hand strong enough to go all-in even with a good pot? Or is it still a hand blocking partially AA and KK.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is this hand strong enough to go all-in even with a good pot? Or is it still a hand blocking partially AA and KK.
Hi!

AKs can play "call", AKo is more often allin. Of course, it all depends on the stage of the tournament, and other factors..

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All I know is AK has taken me out of more games than any other hand🤔

123raoul123

123raoul123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Good morning everyone. Personally, I don't really like all-in because it becomes luck more like strategy

AD_all

AD_all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Here are some tips on how to play Ace-King in Texas Hold'em:

1. Play Ace-King aggressively: Because Ace-King is a strong starting hand, you should generally play it aggressively and try to build a pot. Raise or re-raise preflop to narrow the field and increase your chances of winning.
  2. Consider your position: Your position at the table can affect how you play Ace-King. If you are in early position (first to act), you should be more cautious and consider folding if there are raises ahead of you. If you are in later position (closer to the button), you can be more aggressive because you have more information about the other players' hands.
  3. Be aware of the flop: The flop, or the first three community cards, can significantly affect the strength of your hand. If the flop brings a pair, a straight, or a flush draw, your Ace-King may not be as strong. Be cautious and consider folding if the flop is not favorable.
  4. Bluff sparingly: Ace-King is a strong hand, but it is not unbeatable. Don't be afraid to fold if you think your opponents have better hands. Also, be careful about bluffing with Ace-King, as it may be called or raised more often than a weaker hand.
I hope these tips help you improve your game with Ace-King. Good luck at the table!

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually if the opponent bets I go all in pre flop

AD_all

AD_all

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
There is a whole book dedicated to AK. The most interesting hand in poker

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me to fold to AK would have to be on a four bet or five bet. But I usually go all-in.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I won't throw my hand away like that because the hand is strong and if the pot is great I would fight for it with such a hand if I lost, I would not be very upset either and would continue to play:)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s a great starting hand for sure but you must remember at the end of the day it’s just ace hi and it’s a drawing hand. 22 is better if you miss the board. Many players go broke with AK because they can’t find the fold post flop when they miss. Gotta learn to fold it when it’s obv it’s no longer effective to continue to play it Post flop.

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
If you are in an early position (acting first), you need to be more careful and consider throwing if there are raises in front of you.
I think I can only imagine this in an ICM situation.:rolleyes:

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
it depends on the stage of the game, your stake and how much you want to risk ;)

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i don't really like this hand and almost always play it carefully however if i feel it's good time to play it all in i just go for it especially when tournament comes to decisive moment Then is big chance to get the pot without showing hands.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AK is just a strong draw. AKs is stronger. They must be played well, with all current informations we've got.
A luck shot is welcome.:)

This is how I see it.

Last edited: